In other news below:
-- Proposed Consent Decree lodged in S. Carolina
-- Intent to prepare Draft Environmental Impact Statement
-- Notice of public workshop
-- Proposed Consent Decree lodged in Louisiana
-- Notice of availability of list decisions
-- Information Collection Request regarding renewal of Clean Watersheds Needs Survey
-- Final Environmental Impact Statement for restoration of Giacomini Wetlands
• EPA invites public comment on Northern Gulf of Mexico action plan
Nov. 23, 2007 -- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), on behalf of the Mississippi River/Gulf of Mexico Watershed Nutrient Task Force (Task Force), invites public comments on the draft Gulf Hypoxia Action Plan 2008 for Reducing, Mitigating, and Controlling Hypoxia in the Northern Gulf of Mexico and Improving Water Quality in the Mississippi River Basin (2008 Action Plan)...
Among other recent EPA announcements:
• Proposed Consent Decree lodged in S. Carolina
Nov. 16, 2007 -- A proposed Consent Decree in United States v. Kenneth L. Mims and Leonard R. Cannon AKA Robby Cannon was lodged with the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina on November 8, 2007. This proposed Consent Decree concerns a complaint to obtain injunctive relief and impose civil penalties against the Defendants for violating the Clean Water Act by discharging fill material without a permit into waters of the United States...
• Intent to prepare Draft Environmental Impact Statement
Nov. 9, 2007 -- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps), Mobile District, intends to prepare an update of the water control manuals for the Alabama-Coosa-Tallapoosa (ACT) River Basin. Concurrent with that revision, a Draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) will be prepared, as required by the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). The Draft EIS will address updated operating criteria and guidelines for managing the water storage and release actions of agency water managers and associated environmental impacts...
• Notice of public workshop
Nov. 8, 2007 -- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is holding a public workshop to discuss the development of proposed regulations for the underground injection of carbon dioxide for geologic sequestration under the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA). SDWA requires EPA to protect underground sources of drinking water from contamination due to underground injection activities. The Underground Injection Control Program works with States and Tribes to oversee underground injection activities and prevent endangerment of drinking water sources. This public workshop will provide an opportunity for dialogue with representatives from industry, government, public interest groups, and the general public on geologic sequestration of carbon dioxide. The Agency plans to hold a second workshop in early 2008...
• Proposed Consent Decree lodged in Louisiana
Nov. 8, 2007 -- On November 1, 2007, a proposed "Agreement and Order Regarding Modification of the Consent Decree with Respect to TESI' in U.S. v. Acadia Woods Add. #2 Sewer Co. was lodged with the United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana. In this action, the United States sought injunctive relief and civil penalties under the Clean Water Act in connection with sewage treatment plants in Louisiana owned and operated by Johnson Properties Inc...
• Notice of availability of list decisions
Nov. 5, 2007 -- EPA announced the availability of its final action identifying water quality limited segments and associated pollutants in Louisiana to be listed pursuant to Clean Water Act Section 303(d), and requested public comment...
• Information Collection Request regarding renewal of Clean Watersheds Needs Survey
Nov. 5, 2007 -- An Information Collection Request (ICR) regarding the renewal of the Clean Watersheds Needs Survey has been forwarded to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval. This is a request to renew an existing approved collection. Comments must be submitted on or before December 5, 2007.
• Final Environmental Impact Statement for restoration of Giacomini Wetlands
Nov. 2, 2007 -- The Department of the Interior, National Park Service has prepared, in conjunction with the California State Lands Commission as co-lead agency, the Final Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for restoring the Giacomini Wetlands in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area (north district), administered by Point Reyes National Seashore...
More headlines from EPA:
• "Public Invited to Comment on Revised Plan to Reduce Nutrients from 31 States to Mississippi River"
• "Flat Creek Water Reclamation Facility in Gainesville, Georgia receives EPA Clean Water Act Recognition Award"
• "U.S. EPA orders Muranaka Farm Inc., Tom A. Staben to restore two sites along Calleguas Creek in Ventura County"
• "EPA Makes the Grade on Performance Report"
• "EPA Region 7 Announces Rollout of Environmental Manual for Ethanol Facilities"
• "Public Meetings Scheduled On Long Island Sound Dredged Material Management Plan"
• "EPA hearing on draft U.S. Steel Permit set for Dec. 11 in Gary"
• "EPA terminates agreement to design cleanup of Waukegan Harbor"
• "EPA hosts regional forum for water and wastewater utilities"
• In earlier "EPA Action" reports, see: "EPA strengthens lead in drinking water rule"