July 31, 2008 -- The SPIE Optics and Photonics in Global Homeland Security Conference at the SPIE Defense, Security, and Sensing Exhibition will be held on April 13-17, 2009 at the Orlando World Center Marriott Resort and Convention Center in Orlando, FL. The conference will offer a program track on Water Security, chaired by Dan J. Kroll, Hach Co. Inc. Topics include:
• light based technologies: treatments, biometrics, luminescent techniques, multiple angle optical particle size, and shape determination
• autonomous water quality monitoring based on microfluidics and lab-on-chips systems
• adapting traditional methods to meet the needs of water security
• algorithms for event detection
• levee and dam monitoring and security
• monitoring of process water in industry and food production
• monitoring of agricultural water for irrigation.
Anyone interested in presenting is encouraged to submit a paper.
For submission guidelines, see: http://spie.org//DSSsubmissionguidelines.xml
To submit an abstract, see: http://myspie.org/security/index.cfm?fuseaction=signin
For more information, see: http://spie.org/defense-security-sensing.xml