• Company signs distribution agreements in Saudi Arabia, Singapore and Australia
CLEVEDON, UK, May 21, 2009 -- Hydro International, a leading provider of environmentally sustainable products and innovative solutions that control and treat stormwater, wastewater and combined sewer overflows, has announced distribution agreements covering stormwater and wastewater solutions in Saudi Arabia, Singapore and Australia.
Hydro International's agreement in Saudi Arabia appoints Centex Fluid Products to supply a series of products that provide flow control and grit removal capabilities for Saudi Arabian wastewater customers. Centex, based in the U.S, will supply products through its Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, office. Products Centex will distribute include the Hydro-Brake® Flow Control device, the Eutek HeadCell™, the Eutek SlurryCup™, the Eutek Teacup™, the Eutek Grit Snail™, the Decanter, the Grit King®, the Classifier, the Grit Cleanse® and the SludgeScreen™.
In Singapore, PA Watertech PTE Ltd. will distribute Hydro International systems that control and treat stormwater. The distributor will market the Hydro-Brake® Flow Control, which is used in stormwater and wastewater applications, and Hydro's Downstream Defender®, First Defense® and Up-Flo® Filter. PA Watertech has distributed Downstream Defender stormwater treatment devices in other markets since 2008.
In Australia, Hydro and Rocla Water Quality of Chatswood, Australia, extended an existing agreement to include the Hydro-Brake Flow Control and Up-Flo Filter systems. Rocla Water Quality has distributed the Downstream Defender and First Defense in Australia for nearly five years.
"We are proud to be extending international distribution agreements in the Middle East and Asia Pacific regions," said Steve Hides, Chief Executive Officer of Hydro International. "We look forward to providing customers in these regions with innovative, reliable and cost-effective solutions to serve their wastewater and stormwater needs."
Wastewater products being marketed in the new agreements include:
• The Eutek HeadCell™, an advanced grit separator for the removal of grit and sand from wastewater, potable water and industrial effluents
• The Eutek Teacup™, a versatile vortex separator suitable for grit removal and grit washing for flows less than 8 MGD
• The Eutek SlurryCup™, a highly efficient process used to capture, classify, and remove fine grit, sugar sand, and high density fixed solids from organic rich grit slurries, and both primary and secondary sludge
• The Eutek Grit Snail™, a high-performing grit dewatering escalator
• The Grit King®, a hydrodynamic grit separator device that provides consistent grit quality with low residual volatile organic matter
• The Grit Classifier, a secondary device which dewaters grit
• The Decanter, a grit dewatering container suitable for smaller plants
Stormwater products distributed in Singapore and Australia include:
• The Hydro-Brake® Flow Control, a self-activating vortex flow control device that provides superior hydraulic performance over conventional flow regulators
• The Downstream Defender®, an advanced vortex separator that removes sediment, old and floatables from stormwater runoff
• The First Defense®, a vortex separator that provides stormwater treatment in a surface inlet device
• The Up-Flo® Filter, a high-rate stormwater filtration technology that removes debris, sediments, nutrients, metals and hydrocarbons from stormwater runoff
Hydro International, which has offices in the UK, USA and Ireland, provides cost‑effective solutions for controlling the quantity and improving the quality of water with minimal maintenance.