DUBLIN, Ireland, July 21, 2010 -- Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Water Technology Markets: Key Opportunities and Emerging Trends" report to their offering.
The water sector is facing greater challenges than ever before: population growth, climate change, increased water scarcity, tougher environmental regulation, and dwindling public finances. As we confront these issues, only one thing stands between success and failure: water technology.
It is a subject which has been neglected over the years. The pipe, the pump and the valve have been enough to meet our needs but suddenly investment in new technologies has become imperative.
The report divides in to five main sections:
1) Market Overview: How does the water technology market work? What are the routes to market and the methods of procurement? What is the market structure and how is it evolving?
2) Market Drivers: Where and why is innovation a necessity in the water sector? How is climate change affecting the sector? What is the impact of environmental regulation? Where are utilities looking to cut costs?
3) Disruptive Technologies: Which purport to offer a radical new solution to the challenges facing utilities? Are they likely to deliver what they promise? Which are the top ten technologies that are going to make the biggest difference?
4) Growth Markets: Where is the best growth in the water equipment supply market coming from? What are the dynamics of these markets? Will they continue to grow at the same rate?
5) Water Technology Market Map: How do the 3,000 companies which compete in the global water technology market fit together?
Also included are global market size estimates and growth forecasts for the three main growth areas: desalination & membrane separation, disinfection and infrastructure.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b567d1/water_technology_m.