Boston water worker accidentally cuts into gas line, causes explosion

Sponsored by

BOSTON, MA, Nov. 3, 2010 -- A contractor working for the Boston Water and Sewer Commission accidentally cut into a gas line in Readville today. Gas seeped into the home where it ignited earlier this morning, destroying the home and causing about $1 million in damages.

The worker was reportedly replacing a water main when he disturbed a gas service line with his backhoe.

Read the full story >

###

Sponsored by

TODAY'S HEADLINES

Large-scale TX water distribution project to receive major pipe supply

Section 15-1 of the Integrated Pipeline Project will receive 81,958 feet of 108-inch diameter, cement mortar-lined and polyurethane-coated, spiral-welded steel pipe.

Michigan State University receives Biogas Project of the Year Award for anaerobic digester

Michigan State University has received a Project of the Year Award from the American Biogas Council for its South Campus Anaerobic Digester.

Partnership to deliver advanced solutions for groundwater resources

A new partnership has recently been formed to provide solutions focused on better acquisition, modeling and characterization of groundwater resources.

Flooded Argentina oil refinery receives restoration with dewatering pumps

A recently-flooded oil refinery outide the city of La Plata in Argentina has been restored thanks to the application of specialized dewatering pumps from Xylem.

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA