• Win continues to demonstrate ViryaNet ability to effectively deliver vertical-specific solutions and its on-going success within the water utility sector
SOUTHBOROUGH, MA, Jan. 27, 2011 -- ViryaNet Limited (VRYAF.OB), a leading provider of software solutions that optimize the planning, execution & monitoring of service processes for mobile workforces, announced today that Westernport Water (Australia) has selected the ViryaNet product for managing its mobile workforce.
Westernport Water selected the ViryaNet product to facilitate their strategic plan to achieve operational excellence by improving customer service, accuracy of reporting, and improvements in data collection. After a careful evaluation of competitive products, Westernport Water concluded that the ViryaNet offered the most innovative products for managing their service business needs, a pre-packaged solution that greatly reduced the total cost of implementation and that the company and its' people intimately understood their needs and challenges.
The ViryaNet mobile workforce management platform is a holistic, integrated, and customer-focused solution for optimizing field service operations. The solution consists of several components, including call center functions, work order management, scheduling and dispatch functionality, workflow, mobility, real-time monitoring capabilities, a full suite of business intelligence tools, and powerful integration capabilities. The solution's value is the agility it has to manage business process exceptions, in addition to the routine processes that are experienced by most companies.
At Westernport Water, the ViryaNet solution will be tightly interfaced with their Open Spatial GIS platform and the Assetic platform for asset management, giving a spatial view of assets and work orders to utility staff that are dispatching and managing work orders.
"We are pleased to welcome Westernport Water into the ViryaNet family," stated Memy Ish-Shalom, CEO of ViryaNet. "We look forward to a successful implementation and to supporting Westernport Water achieve measureable benefits in its' delivery of service to their customers."
About Westernport Water
The core function of Westernport Water is to provide water and wastewater services wherever economically, environmentally and socially practicable to properties and communities throughout its district. It services over 16,000 customers across an area of 300 square kilometers on Phillip Island and the mainland stretching from The Gurdies to Archies Creek. Westernport Water has a diversified water supply with water sourced from the catchment supplying the Candowie Reservoir (located in the Bass Hills near Glen forbes) via Tennant Creek, the Bass River and ground water bores from the Aquifer. The water is treated at Ian Bartlett Water Purification Plant (IBWPP) at the Candowie Reservoir and then pumped to the San Remo Basin for distribution to customers within Westernport Water's district, with average annual system demand of approximately 1,900ML (or 1.9GL). Westernport Water has two wastewater treatment plants which process 1100 megalitres (ML) of domestic wastewater each year. The Cowes Wastewater Treatment Plant (CWWTP) is the main plant treating 90 per cent of waste by volume. The secondary plant, the King Road Wastewater Treatment Plant (KRWWTP) in Coronet Bay, treats the remaining 10 per cent of waste by volume. Both accept domestic waste only. The CWWTP can treat up to 8.5 ML per day and the KRWWTP can treat up to 0.35ML per day. Westernport Water supplies wastewater services to 90 per cent of properties that receive water. Westernport Region Water Corporation (Westernport Water) is one of 19 water businesses operating in Victoria and reports to the State Government of Victoria.
ViryaNet provides packaged industry solutions that intelligently guide, automate, and optimize both simple and complex field service work, resulting in operational excellence. ViryaNet's field service management software solutions specialize in the functions of scheduling and dispatching resources and enabling mobile field communication. Embedding industry best practices and utilizing a powerful workflow engine, web architecture, and visibility suite, the ViryaNet solutions allow companies to outperform their competition, better the customer experience, improve financial performance, and address regulatory compliance. ViryaNet possesses an impressive track record in the field service space, a vast number of customers across a variety of industries, and strong partnerships with leading platform and system integration companies. Headquartered in Southborough, MA, ViryaNet enjoys a worldwide presence with offices and customers located in North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim. For more information, visit www.viryanet.com