DENVER, CO, Nov. 26, 2012 -- CH2M HILL (www.ch2mhill.com), a global full-service consulting, design, construction, and operations firm, is pleased to announce that Glen Daigger, CH2M HILL Senior Vice President and Chief Water Technology Officer, began his second term as President of the International Water Association (IWA) during the 2012 IWA World Water Congress, held in Busan, Korea, in September. Daigger is recognized worldwide as an expert in wastewater treatment technologies and has served as IWA’s president since September 2010.
IWA is the global network of water professionals, with members in more than 180 countries and from every continent. Daigger, who has been a member of IWA for nearly 40 years, and just completed his first term as president of the organization, has also has served the Association as President-Elect, Senior Vice President and as a member of the Finance and Investment Committee.
“I am deeply honored to again serve IWA as President,” says Daigger. “As an organization and industry, we’ve accomplished much over the past two years. In the developed world we are helping to create and implement higher performing urban water management systems that also increase the livability of cities. And, in the developing world we are helping to bring newer, higher performing water supply and sanitation systems. What an amazing time, and opportunity, to participate as IWA, through its members, in leading these changes. I look forward to what we can accomplish collectively in the years ahead.”
During his next term as President, Daigger will focus on these objectives:
· Communication. Increase understanding of the challenges the water profession is facing, the solutions available and the changes needed to implement these solutions.
· Celebrating Champions. Recognizing the high performing water solutions being implemented around the globe enables all of us to move forward.
· Resetting expectations. Raising the bar for institutions and individuals supported by revised educational systems so that higher levels of performance are achieved.
· Extending partnerships. Water professionals can’t do it alone and the impact is multiplied when we act with a common vision and in concert with partners.
· Technological and managerial excellence. Continue to build on strengths in these areas.
· Act. Convert these objectives into concrete actions.
You can learn more about IWA at http://www.iwahq.org.
About CH2M HILL
Headquartered near Denver, Colorado, USA, employee-owned CH2M HILL is a global leader in consulting, design, design-build, operations, and program management for government, civil, industrial and energy clients. The firm’s work is concentrated in the areas of water, transportation, environmental, energy, facilities and resources. With US$6.4 billion in revenue and 30,000 employees, CH2M HILL is an industry-leading program management, construction management and design firm, as ranked by Engineering News-Record and named a leader in sustainable engineering by Verdantix. The firm has been named a FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For five times and was named Water Company of the Year at the 2012 Global Water Awards. Visit us at www.ch2mhill.com,www.ch2mhillblogs.com/water, twitter.com/ch2mhill and facebook.com/ch2mhill. Search for jobs at www.ch2mhill.jobs.