NEW YORK, NY, Nov. 27, 2012 -- Senior management from the largest publicly-traded companies in the water utilities industry will present an update about their businesses at the New York Society of Security Analysts' Investing in the Water Utilities Industry Conference on Dec. 6, 2012. Attendees will also have the unique opportunity to network during a closing cocktail reception.
Debra Coy from Svanda & Coy Consulting, and Heike Doerr from Robert W. Baird & Co., will provide insight on some of the best investment opportunities in the water industry today.
Publicly-traded water utilities companies have long been favored as steady, long-term investments. The future continues to look bright for these stocks given the world's ever-growing need for clean, safe water and the country's deteriorating water infrastructure which requires an investment of $500 billion through 2019. Water utility stocks provide excellent income diversification, long-term growth and CD-beating yields ranging from 2.5 percent to 4 percent.
Presenting companies include:
- American States Water Company provides water service to 256,000 customers in California and water and wastewater utility services for nine military bases throughout the country
- Aqua America is a 125-year-old water and wastewater utility, publicly traded on NYSE
- Artesian Resources Corporation operates as the holding company of eight wholly-owned subsidiaries offering water, wastewater, and engineering services on the Delmarva Peninsula
- Connecticut Water Service, Inc. serves nearly 300,000 people in Connecticut through its regulated subsidiary, and water related services through its unregulated subsidiary
- Consolidated Water Co. Ltd. develops and operates seawater desalination plants and water distribution systems in areas of the world where naturally occurring supplies of potable water are scarce or nonexistent
- Middlesex Water Company provides regulated and unregulated water and wastewater utility services in New Jersey, Delaware, and Pennsylvania through various subsidiary companies
- Pure Cycle Corporation is a water and wastewater provider operating primarily in Denver, Colorado
- SJW Corp. operates San Jose Water Company and SJWTX, among other regulated and non-regulated water- and land-related businesses
- United Water is one of the nation's leading environmental companies, providing water and wastewater services to approximately 5.7 million people in the United States
- The York Water Company is the oldest investor-owned utility in the nation at 195-years-old and serves 43 municipalities in central Pennsylvania
Conference sponsor ParenteBeard will be giving a luncheon presentation on Financial Statement Presentation Project: A Regulated Entity Perspective.
The Investing in the Water Utilities Industry Conference will be held Dec. 6, 2012 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. The conference location is 1540 Broadway, Suite 1010, New York, N.Y., 10036.
Visit http://www.nyssa.org/water for the complete event description and registration information.
There is no charge for press with credentials. Interested members of the press can email email@example.com to request admission to this event.
The New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA) is a leading forum for the investment community. NYSSA's mission is to promote best practices and the highest professional and ethical standards in the industry. With nearly 10,000 members, NYSSA is the largest of the 135 societies worldwide that make up CFA Institute, which has over 105,000 members.