WESTERVILLE, Ohio, April 15, 2013 -- The National Ground Water Research and Educational Foundation recently awarded $20,000 from its Len Assante Scholarship Fund to 10 students.
Joshua Olson of Amery, Wis., received the Past President's Award -- the top scholarship presented to the most qualified of the applicants. Olson is studying hydrogeology at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
Clayton Reichart of Hanover, Pa., received the Ora Lyons Award named in honor of a former distinguished National Ground Water Association member. Reichart, who plans to study hydrogeology, has yet to decide on a university or college.
The other scholarship recipients, their areas of study, and schools, are:
- Amy Allbritton of Oologah, Oklahoma, geology, Western State Colorado University
- Alexandra Iezzi of North Haven, Connecticut, hydrogeology, Connecticut College
- Natasha Krell of Northampton, Massachusetts, geology and hydrogeology, Smith College
- Brennan PetersonWood of Jamestown, California, environmental sciences, Colorado College
- Ryan Sullivan of Forked River, New Jersey, geology, University of Rhode Island
- Kevin Townsley of Boise, Idaho, geology and hydrogeology, University of Idaho
- Matthew Shroll of Boise, Idaho, hydrogeology, Boise State University
- Lindsey Yazbek of Kyle, Texas, environmental sciences, Trinity University.
The scholarship awards have been made for more than 30 years.