MINNEAPOLIS, MN, JULY 11, 2018 -- The US Water Alliance has announced the recipients of the prestigious US Water Prize. This annual award celebrates outstanding achievements in the advancement of sustainable, integrated, and inclusive solutions to water management challenges. This year's winners are:
- Public Sector Winner: Hampton Roads Sanitation District for its SWIFT project
- Private Sector Winner: Intel Corporation for its commitment to replenishing 100 percent of the water it uses
- Non-Profit Winner: DIGDEEP for its Navajo Water Project
- Cross-Sector Partnership or Coalition: Yahara WINS for its collaborative approach to adaptive watershed management
- Outstanding Public Official: Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer, for his commitment to water workforce development
- Outstanding Journalism on the Value of Water: Dan Egan, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, for his incisive coverage of the Great Lakes
The US Water Prize was awarded last night in Minneapolis, Minnesota as part of One Water Summit 2018, which is bringing together 900 water leaders from across the country this week. Community groups, water utilities, private sector companies, environmental and agricultural groups, and many more, come to One Water Summit to participate in engaging discussion and problem solving around our nation's most pressing water problems.