Report covers current, expected developments in global water meter industry
Research and Markets has announced the addition of World Water Meter Report Ed 6 2007 to their offering. The new edition features expanded coverage of the marketing profiles to review 4 new countries not previously covered and the report now contains reviews of the gas meter markets in 19 countries. Other topics include: market analysis and meter types; market shares; AMR and AIM; meter manufacturing companies; metrology; and more...
DUBLIN, Ireland, Feb. 1, 2008 -- Research and Markets has announced the addition of World Water Meter Report Ed 6 2007 to their offering.
Although solid state metering is on the increase in other sectors, the water meter market remains principally based on mechanical meters, either volumetric or velocimetric. In this time of change and development the meter industry continues to attract investment capital and meter companies are changing hands continuously. The meter suppliers have seized this opportunity and the global leaders have reinvented themselves with impressive speed. The 'big three' meter companies -- Elster, Itron/Actaris, Bayard/Landis & Gyr/Enermet -- form a $5 billion trio. They have consolidated further, acquiring technology and data management companies. They are no longer just meter vendors, they are providers of systems technology. They not only offer measurement devices but also the means to engineer demand and manage energy. In addition to the three above, the leading companies devoted mainly to water meters -- Sensus, Neptune, Badger, Hydrometer Gruppe/Sappel and Arad -- are developing similar capabilities in the water sector. The meter market is continuously unfurling new dimensions.
Outline of the Report
The new edition features expanded coverage of the marketing profiles to review 4 new countries not previously covered and the report now contains reviews of the gas meter markets in 19 countries.
The countries contained are: France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, UK, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, USA, Australia, China, India, Japan. A table of the installed bases of water meters in all gas using countries has also been added.
Market analysis and meter types
• Analysis of the installed base of water meters by type, mechanical and non-mechanical
• Demand forecasts for water meters in units and $ value annually to 2012
• Future trends of meter type and new developments in meter technology
• Analysis of metering incidence and future trends in selected regions
• A discussion of sub metering is included
• Company mergers and consolidations
• Global shares of top seven companies
• Major new players identified, "the dark horses"
• Market leaders identified in each major markets
AMR (Automatic Meter Reading) and AIM (Advanced Infrastructure Management)
• Survey of global AMR and deployment, analysis by utility sector (electricity, gas, water)
• Future trends and deployment projections
• Major AMR suppliers identified with market share for leader
• Analysis of specific conditions for AMR in the water sector
Detailed surveys of the 19 largest water meter markets, over 78% of the world market volume (France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, UK, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, USA, Australia, China, India, Japan.)
• Number of water connections
• Incidence of metering
• Annual meter demand
• Analysis on meter type, bulk and residential
• Market trend
• AMR deployment and development
• Type approval and certification, together with significant changes which are driving market development
• Market participants
• Utility background and market characteristics
Tables and spreadsheets containing:
• Global analysis and forecasts for every market, for each of 180 countries
• Meter population and annual demand
• Market analysis by stock/balance, imports, exports and demand, for every country
• Market size and forecast for each year from 2006 to 2012 for every country, units and $ value
• Historical annual export data from 1997 to 2006 in units, total $ value and unit value
• A separate Excel file is available containing all of these tables plus an analysis of unit exports by country of origin and destination, for each year from 2003 to 2006
Meter Manufacturing Companies
• Major meter companies identified and consolidations and mergers outlined
• Outline of global metrology institutions and standards, procedures for type approval and meter verification
• Regional details and cooperation arrangements
• Methodology changes which are driving meter market developments
For more information: http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c81358