Acciona Agua has been awarded a contract to design, build and start up a wastewater treatment plant at Vila do Bispo in the Algarve, which will service a population of 14,000 inhabitants.
The €2 million project is expected to enter service in a year’s time, with a planned water flow of 3,551 m3/day. ACCIONA Agua will undertake all the civil works, electrification, equipment and automation of the facility.
Acciona already has twenty treatment plants and four potable water stations, serving around two million people in Portugal.
This includes the Vale Faro wastewater treatment plant in Albufeira, which has a capacity of 24,000 m3/day per day and covers the needs of around 130,000 people.
In September 2013, ACCIONA also won a tender for the extension of the water treatment plant at Monte da Rocha, in the town of Ourique (southern Alentejo province, Portugal), as part of a consortium holding 70% of the capital (the remaining 30% is held by the Lucios group).
The €3.5 million contract includes works to expand the plant to achieve a flow of 6,400 m3/day, and cover the needs of around 35,000 people.
Water mains supply contract worth $40m awarded in Egypt The Construction Authority for Potable Water and Wastewater (CAPW) of Egypt has awarded ACCIONA Agua the contract for the operation and maintenance of the infrastructures that supply mains water to New Cairo…
Acciona wins €117 million São Gonçalo wastewater contract in Brazil The Environment Secretariat of the state of Rio de Janeiro has awarded ACCIONA Agua, in consortium with the Brazilian companies SERVENG and GEL, a €117 million contract to build the wastewater treatment system of São Gonçalo, the second-largest city in the state after Rio de Janeiro…
VIDEO: Acciona Agua at SIWW 2014 Jose Maria Ortega discusses the Spanish company’s plan to increase its international presence, especially in the Asia/Pacific region…