Jan. 13, 2009 -- Wallingford Software has announced the immediate availability of InfoWorks RS Free Edition: a 250-node edition of the InfoWorks RS 1D modeling solution for river and coastal systems. InfoWorks RS is the most sophisticated and comprehensive river-modeling package in the world, with users throughout Europe, North America and Asia.
InfoWorks RS Free Edition provides the ideal introduction to river modeling for small flood risk assessments, localized flood mapping updates and refinements, assessing bridge afflux, small flood defense and river engineering design, catchment flood and surface water resource management plans, receiving water impact studies and river restoration design. InfoWorks RS Free Edition will also prove invaluable for teaching river modeling in university and consultancy environments.
InfoWorks RS Free Edition includes all the core 1D modeling functionality of the full version of InfoWorks RS but is limited to building and running individual model networks of up to 250 nodes.
InfoWorks RS Free Edition includes:
• Model Management & Version Control
• Integrated Ground Modeling & Flood Mapping
• Rapid model building from GIS, CAD & survey data formats
• Import & export to GIS, CAD, database, spreadsheet, ASCII, XML and GoogleEarth
• Fully integrated Conveyance Estimation System and roughness advisor
• Steady state and fully dynamic 1D simulation engines including quasi-2D representation of the floodplain, a very extensive range of structure units and logical control
• Fully integrated hydrological modeling including ReFEH, SCS, Desbordes and 7 other popular rainfall runoff methods
• Fully integrated sediment transport module that simulates the erosion, movement and deposition of both cohesive and non-cohesive sediments
• Water Quality simulation of both conservative and decaying pollutant, coliforms, pH, temperature, salinity and aquatic weed and algal growth.
Tyrone Parkinson, Product Manager for InfoWorks RS explains the benefits of the new node-limited Free version: "A key advantage of InfoWorks RS Free Edition is that all the mapping, ground modeling, database and analysis tools are supplied free of charge with the InfoWorks installation. There are no requirements for the user to purchase additional GIS, CAD, Database or spreadsheet packages to enable access to all the program features."
Users of InfoWorks RS Free Edition have full access to all the training, user conference and support opportunities available to users of the full version of the software. Use of the Wallingford Software Help Desk is limited to users in possession of a current Software Maintenance and Technical Support contract.
InfoWorks RS Free Edition may be upgraded at any time to accommodate a larger number of nodes, access InfoWorks RS2D, the HR-Breach module or other functionality that is unavailable with InfoWorks RS Free*. Existing users of InfoWorks RS with 25, 50 or 100 node versions may upgrade to a 250-node version free of charge.
>> More information on Wallingford's InfoWorks RS Free Edition
*InfoWorks RS Free Edition comes with MapObjects Lite but does not include the HR-Breach module; the projection functionality; support for AIB format files as background layers; the capability to edit shp files or undertake spatial queries within SQL.
Wallingford Software develops leading water resource management software for the worldwide water industry.