• Get Ready to Learn! Explore! Take Action!
WASHINGTON, DC, Apr. 6, 2009 -- EPA will once again celebrate American Wetlands Month in May with federal, state, tribal, local, nonprofit, and private sector organization partners. This annual celebration is a time to recognize and highlight the wonderful ways that wetlands enrich the environment and human society.
In anticipation of this year's celebration, EPA encourages individuals and groups to plan activities and events that raise awareness of the critical role wetlands play in our environment and build support for their protection and restoration. Some ideas for celebratory activities and events that could be planned in conjunction with American Wetlands Month include:
• Participate in a wetland walk, canoe trip, bird watch, or other outdoor activity
• Plan a wetland or stream clean-up
• Recognize a wetland hero
• Sponsor a talk or presentation about wetlands
• Start or participate in a volunteer wetland monitoring or restoration group
• Organize a wetland festival
Individuals or groups that are planning local, regional, or national events are strongly encouraged to share event information.
>> Visit the event form submittal site