• PRiSM online condition monitoring eDNA data historian solutions to be showcased at Al Hidd Power Plant tour during POWER GEN 2009 Show
MANAMA, Bahrain, Feb. 12, 2009 -- InStep software's PRiSM, online condition monitoring, and eDNA real time data historian solutions will be featured during the POWER GEN 2009 technical tour of the Al Hidd Power Plant, where they are installed, formally marking the entry of InStep software into the Middle East market. The Hidd Power Company is the largest independent water and power producer in Bahrain and touted as one of the most modern; InStep's complete solution is charged with monitoring the facility's major gas turbines, associated heat recovery steam generators and desalination equipment.
InStep's PRiSM is a self-learning analytic application for real time online monitoring of critical assets for condition based maintenance, making it the ideal solution for energy and process facilities. eDNA is an enterprise level real time data historian that archives multiple data points on a second by second basis and stores years of plant data online in its original time stamped resolution. Together PRiSM and eDNA are providing the Al Hidd Power Plant with solutions that complement its state of the art infrastructure and set a benchmark for Middle East energy facilities. A single identified fault has proven to save a power plant over $500,000; one InStep Software customer realized a five-to-one ROI in the first year of utilizing PRiSM.
"InStep's solutions provide Al Hidd with very easy access to critical, real-time data on the health of many important assets in this plant. This will save us both time and money by providing early identification of equipment failures backed up with a detailed history of equipment condition. We were particularly impressed with PRiSM 's online equipment health monitoring capability and eDNA's ability to maintain a high fidelity long term archive. These were natural selections for one of the most modern independent power and desalination plants in the Middle East," says Bill King, Director of Production, Al Hidd Power Plant. The Al Hidd Power Plant is owned by a consortium of International Power, Sumitomo and GDFSuez; it is a 1006 MW (gross), 937 MW (net) power generating and desalination facility with a water production capacity of 90 MIG/day of water.
"We have received an incredible response to our products in many international markets, amassing an impressive client base of companies like Eskom, Shanghai Electric Power Co., LTD.. LukOil, Tokyo Electric Power Company, Korean Electric Power Corporation, Vattenfall, Exelon, and Southern Company and know that the Al Hidd installation bodes well for our new efforts in the Middle East. This is a large growth market with a huge potential for advanced products like PRiSM and eDNA," says Sean Gregerson, Director of Sales and Marketing. InStep Software solutions have been installed by hundreds of utilities and power providers worldwide.
Features of PRiSM:
1) Online monitoring and determination of equipment health in support of Condition Based Maintenance (CBM)
2) Self learning pattern recognition and sophisticated data mining technology provides for early warning of equipment problems
3) Simplified model development eliminates the need for detailed scientific equipment/system expertise
4) Advanced analytics for problem identification
5) Web based alarm management and email notification
6) Playback capability for online model and alarming validation High performance and scalability for fleet wide monitoring
7) Easily connects to existing plant data historians or control systems
Features of eDNA:
1) Collect, store, display, and report real-time operational and asset health data High performance and scalability for enterprise wide performance management
2) Advanced web based client applications for data analysis Long term online archive of high resolution data
3) Lossless data compression
4) Rapid extraction of adhoc aggregates (average, minimum, maximum, interpolated,…)
5) High availability redundant configurations
InStep Software, LLC is a leading provider of real-time performance management software and solutions for the utility, process, manufacturing, and telecommunications industries and government agencies.