Dr. Dan Tormey
Dr. Tormey is an expert in water and energy. He conducts projects in sediment transport, hydrology, water supply, water quality, and groundwater-surfacewater interaction. He also works with the environmental aspects of all types of energy and energy development. Dr. Tormey actively pursues volcanology research around the world, with a focus on interactions between geophysical variables that affect risk assessment, risk preparedness, and contingency planning.
• Ph.D., Geology and Geochemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
• B.S., Civil Engineering and Geology, Stanford University
• Technical Director and Vice President, Cardno ENTRIX, Inc.
• Named by National Academy of Sciences to Science Advisory Board for Giant Sequoia National Monument
• UNESCO World Heritage Site List review committee
• Volcanologist for Red Nacional de Emergencia, an emergency response and contingency organization in Chile.
• Former Executive in Residence, California Polytechnic University San Luis Obispo, USA