Course: Cross-Connection Control and Backflow Prevention
October 28-November 1, 2013
Lowell Center*, 610 Langdon Street, Madison, Wisconsin
Course Fee: $1095
This course provides practical training on cross-connection control and backflow prevention, including:
- The need for backflow protection
- Identification of cross-connections
- Selection of appropriate methods, devices, and assemblies for specific applications
- State and local agency rules and regulations
- Troubleshooting and repair of backflow prevention assemblies
Hands-on workshop sessions will help you learn to install, test, and repair backflow prevention assemblies.
The course includes written and practical examinations. Participation in this course and successful completion of the examination fulfill the training requirements for registration as an authorized backflow prevention equipment tester in Wisconsin and for certification in several other states.
- Backflow Prevention Basics
- Testing and Repair of Backflow Prevention Equipment
- Hands-on Demonstration and Practice for Testing Procedures
- Troubleshooting of Reduced Pressure Principle Backflow Preventer Assemblies (RPZ)
- Test Reporting and Record Keeping
- Regulations and code requirements
- Water utility operators
- Industrial and private water purveyors
- Sprinkler fitters
- Maintenance personnel and others who have responsibility for testing and maintaining backflow prevention assemblies or managing cross-connection control programs
Earn PDH, LU, CEU
By participating in this course, you will earn 3.4-4.2 Continuing Education Units (CEU).