WaterBriefs: Sentinel Solutions announces skid-mounted security monitoring system
Also in this report: SecureWave eclipses 1 million licenses; DemandTec deploys WatchTower to monitor 800 on-demand application, system services; American Beverage Association appoints VP of state, local affairs; Environmental, consumer groups join in demanding Honeywell cleanup; GE, ANZ Investment Bank arrange US$120 million debt facility for Petrobras oil platform; PowerCold expands to Mexico with energy, water saving plastic tubing; Water saving in S. Calif. celebrates new 'Holiday'...
In other news below:
-- SecureWave eclipses 1 million licenses
-- DemandTec deploys WatchTower to monitor 800 on-demand application, system services
-- American Beverage Association appoints McGreevey as VP of state, local affairs
-- Environmental, consumer groups join Simon Family Trust in demanding Honeywell cleanup
-- GE, ANZ Investment Bank arrange US$120 million debt facility for Petrobras oil platform
-- PowerCold expands to Mexico with energy, water saving plastic tubing
-- Water saving in S. Calif. literally celebrates new 'Holiday'
Sentinel Solutions - Water safety shipped ready to go
TORONTO, Canada, Dec. 13, 2005 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Sentinel Solutions Inc., a company producing products for monitoring the safety and toxicity of public water announced yesterday that it has developed a skid mounted system that will greatly reduce on site set-up time for every customized Water Sentinel System (WSS). Sentinel Solutions clients' need water quality monitoring equipment installed and operating as quickly as possible and this advanced set-up process gets the job done.
"Our skid mount makes the WSS really easy to install at the site," reports Charles Bishop, the Chief Technical Officer of Sentinel Solutions. "When the Water Sentinel System leaves our production facility the majority of the components are in place. The WSS technology is mounted and ready to deliver monitoring services," continues Bishop. "Once it gets to the site final connections and testing tasks are relatively simple."
Sentinel Solutions Inc. has created a modular water system that can fit virtually into any communal water system. It is the right fit for all situations and water industry scenarios that communal water systems operators will face.
The WSS is a computer based process monitoring system with customized software designed to adhere to monitoring and control requirements. The WSS will monitor and gather water data for chlorine, pH, turbidity, water temperature, ambient air temperature and water flow rate on small to mid-sized commercial water sites. The system has up to 10 analog inputs and 8 digital inputs/outputs. The system will collect and store data to use for a year end report. The WSS will report out-of-limit measurements directly to a centralized server that in turn would notify a technician on call. The WSS is highly configurable and programmable which will allow adaptation to practically any process.
Based in Toronto, Canada, Sentinel Solutions Inc. (www.sentinelsolutionsinc.com) produces products for monitoring the safety and toxicity of public water.
Among other recent headlines:
• SecureWave eclipses 1 million licenses -- Reseller network growth, new customer wins drive SecureWave Sanctuary adoption on over million desktops, servers and terminals -- DURHAM, NC, Dec. 13, 2005 -- SecureWave, a global provider of endpoint security software including to the water and wastewater industry, announced it has eclipsed the 1 million license mark for its Sanctuary suite of endpoint security products. The company passed the milestone during a record third quarter that saw market demand for SecureWave products increase across the government, financial and healthcare verticals worldwide...
In other SecureWave news:
-- "Sanctuary Device Control 3.0.1 named 'Hot Pick' by Information Security Magazine"
-- "SecureWave Partners with Integralis to Deliver Sanctuary Products to UK Channel"
-- "Healthcare organizations embrace SecureWave's Sanctuary product suite as the heart of their security and regulatory compliance efforts"
-- "SecureWave Gains DIPCOG Approval for Sanctuary Products"
-- "SecureWave Awarded UK Government Security Certification"
• DemandTec deploys WatchTower to monitor 800 on-demand application, system services -- Merchandising expert uses CITTIO software to monitor its internal data center and application of its software at major retailers, consumer products manufacturers -- SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 13, 2005--CITTIO Inc., the innovation leader in network monitoring and operations software whose clients include Truckee Meadows Water Authority, announced that DemandTec Inc., the leading provider of Consumer-Centric Merchandising, Sales, and Marketing software for retailers and consumer products firms, has deployed WatchTower™ to monitor its internal network operations. Additionally, WatchTower will for the first time allow the company to deliver a new level of customer service by remotely monitoring its software solutions that are delivered as a service to customers worldwide. Customers such as Best Buy, Longs Drugs, and Safeway depend on DemandTec's powerful merchandising software to operate 24X7, and WatchTower helps to ensure the highest possible standard of performance...
In other company news: "American Chemical Society significantly increases uptime, gains complete network visibility using WatchTower"
• McGreevy joins American Beverage Association as VP of state, local affairs -- WASHINGTON, Dec. 13, 2005 -- Susan K. Neely, CEO and president of the American Beverage Association (ABA), yesterday announced the appointment of James A. From 1999 to 2005, McGreevy was an associate with Larkin Hoffman Law in Minnesota. In that position, he represented client interests before the Minnesota Legislature and administrative agencies. Immediately prior to that position, he served as Assistant to the Senate Majority Leader for the Minnesota State Senate, where he was a policy aide to then Majority Leader Roger D. Moe...
• Environmental, consumer advocates join Simon Family Trust in demanding cleanup of toxic Honeywell site -- TAMPA, FL, Dec. 13, 2005 -- A broad-based coalition of environmental, consumer and taxpayer groups today urged government regulators to "make Honeywell pay now" for a toxic waste site in Tampa that it created with poisonous pollutants more than two decades ago. Advocates from as far away as New Jersey documented the corporate giant's "callous path of indifference" and said Honeywell's track record "represents a dangerous pattern of dodging responsibility and delaying cleanups" at many of the more than 150 pollution sites it created nationwide. The diverse groups said they came together to shine a spotlight on Honeywell International Inc. because, even when it is under orders by government regulators, the company has a history of failing to clean sites it contaminated decades ago...
• GE, ANZ Investment Bank arrange US$120 million debt facility for Petrobras oil platform -- Sevan Marine's innovative, high tech floating oil production, storage, offloading unit to be chartered to Petrobras -- TANAGER, Norway, & STAMFORD, CT, Dec. 13, 2005 -- Three GE financial businesses and ANZ, acting as joint Mandated Lead Arrangers, and Sevan Production AS, announced the signing of a US$120 million senior debt project finance facility for Sevan's first floating oil production, storage and offloading (FPSO). The SSP Piranema will be deployed offshore Brazil under an 11-year charter with Petrobras. The innovative, cylindrical shaped FPSO is designed for all sea environments and will produce light crude for Petrobras. It will be equipped with a processing plant capacity of 30,000 barrels of oil per day, a gas injection plant with compression capacity of 3.6 million cubic meters per day and an oil storage capacity of 300,000 barrels -- as well as water treatment equipment for cleaning produced water before discharge. The SSP Piranema is under construction at the Yantai Raffles shipyard in China. Once completed in mid-2006, it will be deployed in the Piranema field, in deep water ranging from 1,000 to 1,600 meters....
• PowerCold expands to Mexico with energy, water saving plastic tubing -- DuPont Caltrel plastic tubing major component of energy savings, water conservation -- SAN ANTONIO, Dec. 13, 2005--PowerCold Corporation reported the company has expanded sales operations in Mexico. Grupo Termo Control, of Monterrey, Mexico, recently installed PowerCold's Nauticon® fluid coolers and evaporative condensers at the Galerias Monterrey Shopping Center in Monterrey...
• Water saving in S. Calif. literally celebrates new 'Holiday' -- John Laing Homes' Holiday in Sun City becomes latest development to show off California Friendly landscaping, water-saving features -- TEMECULA, CA, Dec. 9, 2005 -- Adding to the list of Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day and others, water conservation literally gets its own "Holiday" this weekend. Opening Dec. 10, John Laing Homes' Holiday in Sun City becomes the latest new home development to include California Friendly™ water-saving upgrades as standard features. The community will offer the next generation of water-saving wizardry and cutting-edge conservation devices in model and production homes through a partnership with the Metropolitan Water District, Eastern Municipal Water District and the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation...
In earlier newsbriefs, see: "WaterBriefs: Big municipal projects, industrial penetration drive European MBR market" -- Also in this report (Dec. 12, 2005): USFilter signs joint market development, licensing agreement with US Peroxide; Stranco technology unit stars in 4th Harry Potter film; Siemens to modernize boiler in Swedish paper mill; Atlantic City bets on renewable energy for wastewater plant; Solucorp's MBS technology helps licensee win 'Brownfield Project of Year' award; Sen. Breaux to Shell employees: Time for industry unity; Graham Corp. awarded $2 million for Middle East petrochemical plant; Alcan gives green light to $1.7 billion aluminum smelter in Sohar, Oman; Drew George gets project management certification...