EPA awards $80M contract to Cadmus for drinking water protection support
The Cadmus Group announced that it has been awarded a seven-year contract worth more than $80 million with the Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water.
WALTHAM, MA, Sept. 2, 2015 -- Today, the Cadmus Group, an environmental and energy consulting firm serving government and commercial markets, announced that it has been awarded a seven-year contract worth more than $80 million with the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water.
Under the new contract, Cadmus -- which has supported EPA' national drinking water program for more than 22 years -- will continue to assist the Agency in:
- Conducting research and analysis of actual and potential impacts of various injection practices, such as hydraulic fracturing, for non-conventional oil and gas development
- Conducting surveys of drinking water system needs
- Helping EPA evaluate the effectiveness of state drinking water and underground injection control (UIC) programs
- Promoting sustainability of drinking water infrastructure and operation, along with evaluating the safety of drinking water
- Protecting drinking water supply sources from contamination
- Supporting states and tribes implementing drinking water and UIC standards and regulations
- Supporting the implementation of regulations governing the injection and long-term storage of carbon dioxide to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions and global climate change
"Cadmus wins contract to support development of national drinking water regulations"
About The Cadmus Group, Inc.
Cadmus is an employee-owned consultancy committed to helping clients address complex challenges by applying diverse skills and experiences in a highly collaborative environment. By assisting its clients in achieving their goals, the company creates social and economic value today and for future generations. Founded in 1983, Cadmus leverages its staff's exceptional expertise in the physical and life sciences, engineering, social sciences, strategic communication, architecture and design, law, policy analysis, and the liberal arts to provide an array of research and analytical services in the U.S. and abroad. For more information, visit www.cadmusgroup.com.