AWT elects new president
The Association of Water Technologies (AWT) installed its new president, Robert D. Lee, CWT, of R2J Chemical Services Inc., of Largo, Florida, at the AWT Annual Convention and Exposition...
ROCKVILLE, MD, Aug. 30, 2009 -- The Association of Water Technologies (AWT) installed its new president, Robert D. Lee, CWT, of R2J Chemical Services Inc., of Largo, Florida, at the AWT Annual Convention and Exposition. The conference, Bridging the Gap: Technology, Sustainability and the Global Economy was held at the Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood, Florida August 26-29, 2009.
Mr. Lee began his career in the water treatment field in 1982 and has been President of R2J Chemical Services since 1992. He has a degree in business from the University of South Florida is a NACE Certified Corrosion Technician and has earned the highest professional credential in the industrial and commercial water treatment field, the Certified Water Technologist designation from AWT. Bob was a contributing member of the White Rust project team and served as the Chair of the AWT Convention Committee.
"It is a great honor for me to serve as president of AWT," Lee said. "I'm confident that we can continue to grow as an organization through training, certification and regulatory and public awareness programs -- all to advance the highest in professional standards, preserve natural resources and promote the growth and development of the association's member firms."
The other members of the 2010 Board of Directors are as follows:
• R. Trace Blackmore, CWT, President-Elect, Blackmore Enterprises Inc., GA
• Mark Juhl, Secretary, Jaytech Inc., MN
• Eric Fraser, CWT, Treasurer, Kansas Water Technologies, KS
• Scott W. Olson, CWT, Immediate Past President, Lakeland Chemical Specialties Inc., Menomonee Fall, WI
• Steve Holtzman, Director, Advanced Chemical Technology Inc., Rancho Cucamonga, CA
• Richard Hourigan, Jr., Director, Richard Hourgian Inc., Rochelle, IL
• Mark Lewis, CWT, Director, Southeastern Laboratories Inc., SC
• Casey Walton, CWT, Director, Walton Technologies LLC, Monmouth, ME
• Tina Craft, Ex-Officio Supplier Representative, Albemarle Corporation, Baton Rouge, LA
About the Association of Water Technologies
AWT is an international trade association representing over 500 companies that specialize in industrial and commercial water treatment for heating and cooling systems. These companies may also specialize in wastewater treatment, potable water treatment, and other industry segments. For additional information about AWT, please visit our website at www.awt.org or call our headquarters at 301-740-1421.