ADI Systems to provide equipment, support for distillery in Thailand
FREDERICTON, NB, Canada, July 28, 2009 -- Toyo-Thai Co. Ltd PVL of Thailand has awarded ADI Systems Inc. a contract to supply proprietary equipment and engineering support for its distillery in Porn Vilai, Thailand...
• Company adds to its impressive environmental record with sixth project in Thailand
FREDERICTON, NB, Canada, July 28, 2009 -- Toyo-Thai Co. Ltd PVL of Thailand has awarded ADI Systems Inc. a contract to supply proprietary equipment and engineering support for its distillery in Porn Vilai, Thailand. This marks the sixth project ADI Systems has secured in Thailand. Part of the process at the Toyo-Thai alcohol distillery involves converting molasses into ethanol.
ADI Systems is providing proprietary equipment and engineering support to convert organic components left over from the process into biogas to displace the use of fossil fuels. The ADI Systems' process will convert up to 70 percent of the organic waste material into usable biogas.
An established world-leader in environmental engineering, ADI Systems has developed a niche in the food and beverage industries in international markets. The ADI-BVF® technology used at this site was developed in New Brunswick, and has been utilized in 111 installations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia for the who's who of food, beverage and other industries.
The ADI-BVF system has proven to be a valuable source of renewable energy. Its combined use around the world has resulted in some impressive statistics:
• Everyday ADI-BVF's produce 1.2 million cubic meters of methane (natural gas). This would cover the usage of 154,000 households -- every day.
• Everyday the methane collected is equivalent to 17 500 tonnes of CO2. On a green house gas basis, that is the CO2 equivalent of taking 1.1 million cars off the road -- each day!
• Everyday ADI-BVF's treat over 270 000 m³ of industrial waste. That is comparable to over 100 Olympic sized swimming pools per day.
• Everyday ADI-BVF's treat 4300 tonnes of COD (Chemical Oxygen Demand) from industry. This is the population pollution load equivalent of 47 million people - about 1.4 times the population of Canada.
With more than thirty year's experience and installations over thirty countries, ADI has a successful track record for challenging industrial wastewater treatment and energy recovery projects.