WorldBriefs: Planning for sustainable water supplies in UK
Also in this report: WaterAid's 'Big Quiz' slated for September; Low Carbon Accelerator invests in Eco-Solids International; BlueCielo acquires CAD & company's ECM division; Frost & Sullivan to recognise European industry's best practices; Registration open for Aquatech Innovation Award 2008; Environment & Energy Awards at SustainabilityLive!; Atlas Copco makes acquisition in India; CIWEM: Malaria is threat to developing world; NEWater wins at Global Water Awards 2008; (more)...
In other news below:
-- WaterAid's 'Big Quiz' slated for September
-- Low Carbon Accelerator invests in Eco-Solids International
-- BlueCielo acquires CAD & company's ECM division
-- Frost & Sullivan to recognise European industry's best practices
-- Registration open for Aquatech Innovation Award 2008
-- Environment & Energy Awards at SustainabilityLive!
-- Atlas Copco makes acquisition in India
-- CIWEM: Malaria is threat to developing world
-- NEWater wins at Global Water Awards 2008
-- EA to reduce number of lock houses along Thames
-- NETSSAF final conference
-- Hydro launches commercial rainwater harvesting system
-- Solutions for increased productivity with integrated automation
-- Water watchdog meets to discuss flooding lessons
-- HACH Lange celebrates 75th birthday
-- Flood control at IFAT 2008 -- Mobile equipment provides one answer
• UK: Planning for sustainable water supplies
LONDON -- Water companies in England and Wales are now publishing draft water resource management plans for public comment. The plans explain how they will ensure sustainable water supplies over the next 25 years...
-- "Prospects for competition in the provision of water services"
-- "Ofwat's charging consultation - Water UK response"
-- "Parliamentary group's thought-provoking report on the UK water sector"
-- "Price review methodology clearer but much to debate"
-- "The government's consultation on locations for eco-town development throughout Britain"
Among other recent headlines:
• WaterAid's 'Big Quiz' slated for September
WORCESTERSHIRE, UK -- The largest multi-media quiz in the Midlands will take place on Thursday 18th September 2008 at the Chateau Impney Hotel in Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire, in support of WaterAids charitable work...
• Low Carbon Accelerator invests in Eco-Solids International
LONDON, UK -- Investment is part of wider funding round for methane capture sewage-to-energy company...
• BlueCielo acquires CAD & company's ECM division
RIJSWIJK, Netherlands -- Engineering Content Management specialist strengthens market position with ImandrA product suite...
• Frost & Sullivan to recognise European industry's best practices
LONDON -- Frost & Sullivan will host its prestigious European Best Practices Awards Banquet on 15 May, 2008 in London...
• Registration open for Aquatech Innovation Award 2008
AMSTERDAM -- The most innovative products currently on the market will come under the spotlight at Aquatech Amsterdam 2008...
• Environment & Energy Awards at SustainabilityLive!
BIRMINGHAM, UK -- The Environment and Energy Awards 2008 is the industry's annual opportunity to celebrate excellence and achievement through rewarding its top achievers....
• Atlas Copco acquires holding in Indian drilling technology companies
STOCKHOLM, Sweden -- Atlas Copco (India) Ltd has signed an agreement to acquire 25% of Focus Rocbit Pvt Ltd and Prisma Roctools Pvt Ltd in India...
• CIWEM: Malaria is threat to developing world
LONDON -- Malaria poses one of the greatest threats to life in the developing world, CIWEM says...
-- "Latest CIWEM e-Newsletter"
-- "Protecting our health from climate change"
• NEWater wins at Global Water Awards 2008
LONDON -- NEWater, Singapore's high-quality reclaimed water, shone again on the world stage when it clinched the title "Environmental Contribution of the Year"...
• Environment Agency to reduce number of lock houses along Thames
LONDON -- The Environment Agency announced it will sell ten of its 57 houses for lock keepers...
-- "New approach to regulating discharges to water"
-- "Businesses can't afford to ignore increasing flood risk"
-- "Public says Britain not yet prepared for climate change impacts"
• NETSSAF final conference
OUGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso -- The consortium of the Network for the development of Sustainable Approaches for large scale implementation of Sanitation in Africa (NETSSAF) will hold its International Conference 24-27 September, 2008...
• Hydro launches commercial rainwater harvesting system
CLEVEDON, UK -- Mains water savings of up to 40% and payback in as little as two years are promised by Hydro International's new StormBank® Pro Advanced Rainwater Harvesting system for commercial and public buildings...
• HPD expands technology offering
PLAINFIELD, IL, USA -- HPD, a Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies company, has expanded their offering to include CeraMem™ ceramic membrane technology...
• Solutions for increased productivity with integrated automation
NUREMBERG, Germany -- Siemens is showcasing automation and drive technology solutions for machine manufacturers, plant constructors and end users at this year's Hannover Fair...
• Water watchdog meets to discuss flooding lessons
PETERBOROUGH, UK -- The Consumer Council for Water Central and Eastern Committee will be reviewing lessons learned following last summer's floods...
-- "Water watchdog looks at complaints and flooding plans"
-- "Fines are not fine for consumers"
-- "Companies should be punished -- but there is another way"
• HACH Lange celebrates 75th birthday
DÜSSELDORF, Germany -- HACH LANGE has been a leader in the development of analytical instrumentation and reagents for testing, monitoring and sampling water for three quarters of a century....
• Flood control at IFAT 2008 -- Mobile equipment provides one answer
MUNICH, Germany -- Recent years have seen a succession of serious incidences of flooding and gloomy predictions for the future from climate researchers...
-- "Biogas at IFAT 2008 -- Producing gas from waste"
-- "IFAT 2008 -- First-class Accompanying Programme"
-- "IFAT 2008 -- A growing market in the rehabilitation of drains and sewers"
-- "Premiere at IFAT 2008: The Research & Education Area"
MORE GLOBAL HEADLINES
• Malaysia: Tunnel tender bids for Pahang-Selangor Water Transfer to open
• Latest issue of 'Water for All' news
• Morgan Est appoints water director
• Top firms honoured with Queen's Awards
• Scotland: WICS to hold competition seminars
• Grontmij acquires leading sustainable building consultant
• Eco-towns threaten infrastructure crisis
• ISTT announces new executive director
• Documentary examines world's water crisis
• Atkins scoops Engineering Consultant of the Year