New German company opened by leading UK coupling manufacturer
OLD BEACONSFIELD, Bucks, England, Aug. 3, 2009 -- Leading UK specialist pipe coupling manufacturer Teekay Couplings Ltd has opened its recently launched German operation Teekay Rohrkupplungen GmbH in Ratingen, near Düsseldorf, Germany...
OLD BEACONSFIELD, Bucks, England, Aug. 3, 2009 -- Leading UK specialist pipe coupling manufacturer Teekay Couplings Ltd has opened its recently launched German operation Teekay Rohrkupplungen GmbH in Ratingen, near Düsseldorf, Germany.
The new company will, according to joint managing director Ian Webb, meet the expanding business potential throughout Central Europe including Germany, Austria and Scandinavia; developing business in five key sectors -- marine, water, civil engineering, building services and industrial.
Headed by managing director Klaus Reimers, previously sales manager with a leading German stainless steel distributor, the new company includes sales and purchasing staff.
It will also include a logistics team with nearby warehouse facilities offering rack, rebox and distribution services.
The new company will stock 10,000 couplings with 'top up' deliveries twice a week.
The complete product range (covered by 92 worldwide patents) will be available, including market leading products such as the Axilock-FP range which complies with IACS and VdS requirements.
The company was formed in 1961 and began producing couplings in 1975. Today it produces more than 250,000 couplings a year.
The new German company is expected to achieve a turnover of 100,000 couplings in its first 12 months.
Among recent orders are:
1. A major European cruise vessel builder is currently using 50,000 couplings per year.
2. Teekay Couplings Ltd has been selected by BAE Systems to supply Axilock-FP couplings for the Type 45 Anti Air Warfare Destroyer Project, the backbone of the UK Royal Navy's future air defence capability.
3. The New Orleans reconstruction programme has placed several orders for Teekay couplings including the first, recently introduced, 'top of the range' 4115mm diameter coupling for water pipelines.
4. A major dry docks is fitting 800 couplings on two seismic survey vessels.
5. A Danish water industry contractor has ordered 3,000 Teekay Couplings for a new water treatment facility.
The company also will be exhibiting at the leading North American water and wastewater event, WEFTEC, Oct. 12-14 in Orlando, Florida, USA, at Booth 1975, Hall A.
Teekay Couplings have been sold for over three decades to more than 85 countries worldwide for civil, water, oil & gas, marine, building service, process, automotive and countless other industrial projects for pipes between 21mm and 4200mm in diameter. They allow pipes to be joined without the need for flanging, grooving, threading or welding. By simply butting two pipes together and connecting with a Teekay Pipe Coupling, space, weight, time and cost savings are achieved with every installation. Web: www.teekaycouplings.com