Nominations open for 4th Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia, Sept. 22, 2009 - Organizers of the Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize for Water (PSIPW) are now accepting nominations for its fourth award period (2008-2010) at the event's website...
Sep 22nd, 2009
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia, 22 September 2009 -- Organizers of the Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize for Water (PSIPW) are now accepting nominations for its fourth award period (2008-2010) at the event's website: www.psipw.org.
This Prize aims to give recognition to the efforts that scientists, inventors, and organizations around the globe are making in water-related fields. It was established in 2002 to acknowledge exceptional and innovative scientific work that contributes to the sustainable availability of potable water and alleviation of water scarcity, particularly in arid regions. Winners are chosen for four categories:
• Surface water
• Alternative (non-traditional) water resources
• Water resources management and protection
The deadline for submitting applications and all nominated works is Jan. 31, 2010. The Prize will be presented at the 4th International Conference on Water Resources and Arid Environments (ICWRAE), which will be held Dec. 5-7, 2010, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. For more information, see: www.icwrae-psipw.org
All nominations for the 4th Award of the Prize are made directly online through the electronic application form that's available on the PSIPW website. All required documentation and submitted works will also be uploaded by way of the same form. There are no mail-in applications.
First, become a registered user and then login to access the online application form
Please read the Prize FAQ -- frequently asked questions -- document for more information: http://psipw.org/new/content/view/103/238/lang,english/
A PDF version of the Prize brochure can be downloaded at the following link: www.psipw.org/4th_Award_Brocure.pdf
Previous prize winners include:
- Colorado State University professor Dr. Chih Ted Yang - 'Sedimentation Control in Surface Water Systems'
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology professor and director of the Institute of Environmental Engineering, Dr. Wolfgang Kinzelbach - 'Exploration and Assessment of Groundwater'
- Professor and founder of Process Systems Engineering Centre (PROSPECT) at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Dr. Zainuddin Abd Manan - 'Water Demand Management in Urban Areas'
- Universiti Kebangsaan in Malaysia professor and deputy dean of Membrane and Separations Technology, Dr. Abdul Wahab Mohammad - 'Innovative Methods and Systems in Desalination'
- Professor and dean of the Chemical Engineering School at Universiti Sains Malaysia, Abdul Latif Ahmad - 'Treatment and Re-use of Waste Water'
- Imperial College professor and head of the Environmental & Water Resource Engineering Section of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Howard S. Wheater (UK) - 'Integrated and Sustainable Water Resources Management in Arid and Semi-Arid Regions'
- University Mohammed V-Agdal, Rabat Morocco professor Abdelkader Larabi (Morocco) - ' Management of Coastal Aquifers'
- Cornell University professor Dr. Jery R. Stedinger (USA) - 'Effective Flood Control Methods'
- USDA Water Conservation Laboratory's Dr. Herman Bouwer (The Netherlands) - 'Artificial Ground Water Recharge'
- NWFP University of Engineering & Technology Peshawar professor Dr. Hisham Taha Abdulla El Dossouky (Egypt) and Kuwait University College of Engineering and Petroleum professor Dr. Hisham Ettouney (Egypt) - 'Economical Technologies in Sea Water Desalination'