WorldBriefs: July 9, 2009
July 9, 2009 -- A monthly round-up of water-industry news from around the world...
A monthly round-up of water-industry news from around the world.
• Scottish businesses urged to take cover
GLASGOW, Scotland, July 3, 2009 -- Business Stream, Scotland's main non-domestic water supplier, has launched a new emergency cover service with insurance broker and risk adviser, Marsh. It's a significant development in the non-domestic water industry as it's the first of its kind since the Scottish market deregulated in April last year...
• e-Builder, FMI to host webinar on defining the future of the worldwide construction market
RALEIGH, NC, USA, June 30, 2009 -- e-Builder and FMI will co-host a one-hour webinar on Thursday, July 16, 2009. The webinar, titled "Inflection Point - Defining the Future of the Worldwide Construction Market," will discuss how FMI has begun taking a formal look at the industry's current inflection point through scenario planning -- the development of a series of scenarios that describe potential futures for the construction industry. This session is part of e-Builder's monthly executive webinar series...
>> FMI provides opinion on the economic stimulus' impact on utility construction
>> Partnering success even more important on stimulus package projects
>> Surviving the economic downturn
>> 100 ways to cut costs in a down economy
• 5th World Water Forum: Istanbul 2009 - 'Bridging Divides for Water'
ISTANBUL, Turkey, June 26, 2009 -- Over 25,000 participants took part in the 5th World Water Forum, from 16 to 22 March 2009 in Istanbul, Turkey, making it the world's biggest water-related event. The top 25 highlights have been compiled and are now available...
>> World Water Forum 2012: Host country and city selected
• Black & Veatch leaders highlight global trends, regional successes at Singapore International Water Week
SINGAPORE, June 24, 2009 -- As a founding sponsor of Singapore International Water Week, Black & Veatch recently shared global insights on sustainability and innovation with members of the international media during a news conference that also featured the announcement of two major Asia Pacific infrastructure enhancements...
>> Siemens highlights R&D efforts, regional activities at Singapore Water Week
>> Environmental Engineering Scholarship in Singapore
>> Inaugural Lee Kuan Yew World City Prize to recognize outstanding int'l initiatives for city excellence
>> Lee Kuan Yew prize winner views industrial application of his technology
• MIOX equips 'City of Dreams' with disinfection technologies for swimming pools, spas
ALBUQUERQUE, NM, USA, June 22, 2009 -- MIOX Corporation, a leader in on-site generation of hypochlorite and mixed oxidants for water disinfection, was chosen by City of Dreams, a premier entertainment and gaming complex in Macau, China, to provide disinfection solutions for the resort's spas and swimming pools...
• Scientifics Limited acquire UK industrial emissions monitoring business from Bureau Veritas
UK, June 22, 2009 -- Scientifics Limited, a leading UK company in environmental inspection, testing and consultancy, and a member of the Environmental Scientifics Group (ESG), has acquired the UK Industrial Emissions Monitoring business from Bureau Veritas UK Ltd...
• Microbial Solutions achieves ISO 9001 accreditation
OXFORDSHIRE, UK, June 18, 2009 -- Microbial Solutions Ltd (MSL) has been awarded the International Organization for Standardization's ISO 9001 : 2000 accreditation, an international standard for company quality management systems. The Oxfordshire company is developing award-winning ecologically friendly bacterial treatment technologies to dispose of hazardous metal working fluids and associated oil contaminated materials used in the engineering industries...
• 2009 World Water Week in Stockholm launches the new website
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, June 16, 2009 -- Organizers of World Water Week in Stockholm have launched a new website with an interactive "Event Finder" tool that will help attendees explore all that World Water Week offers. In addition, it will serve as a year-round resource with presentations, speeches and archives from the Week's programs and activities. The site will be continually updated with the latest programs for each event...
>> Who is speaking where?
>> Building Momentum Towards COP-15
>> The European Water Challenge
>> Sanitation -- From manual scavenging to microfinance
>> Disasters -- Are we prepared?
>> Transboundary waters take center stage
• Anglian Water wins first 'Service Excellence' award at ClickConnect Europe 2009 Conference
BURLINGTON, MA, June 15, 2009 -- ClickSoftware Technologies Ltd., a leading provider of mobile workforce management and service optimization solutions, made Anglian Water the first recipient of its Service Excellence Award in front of a record-attendance audience at the recently concluded ClickConnect Europe 2009 forum held in London...
• Alfa Laval revolutionizes pharmaceutical and specialty chemical production
June 10, 2009 -- Alfa Laval, a world leader in heat transfer, centrifugal separation and fluid handling, has developed a new technology for production of pharmaceuticals and specialty chemicals resulting in increased efficiency and reduced energy consumption. Alfa Laval's plate reactor implies a revolutionary technology shift in the heart of the production process...
• Schneider Electric, KROHNE announce new alliance, pipeline management solution
DUISBURG, Germany, June 3, 2009 -- Schneider Electric and KROHNE have unveiled a new and innovative pipeline management solution at Gastech 2009 in Abu Dhabi. The combined product and services solution helps to enhance pipeline performance and safety through pipeline simulation, pipeline leakage detection, energy management, integral security, advanced process automation and a complete pipeline instrumentation package...
More Global Headlines
• Hozelock wins third MX Award
• New German company opened by leading UK coupling manufacturer
• techniCAL signs distribution deal with IMADA [.pdf]
• Smallest Drain Doctor can now tackle bigger jobs in Fife
• ANDRITZ HYDRO receives further major order in Brazil
• H2O Innovation announces departure of Director, welcomes new Chairman of the Board
• Women of Outstanding Achievement 2009 photo exhibition unveiled
• IPS wins 2009 Frost & Sullivan South East Asia Customer Service
• Wonderware receives Frost & Sullivan's 'Excellence in Customer Value of the Year' award
• Duoyuan Global Water announces pricing of initial public offering
• Article explores feasibility of ecosystem-based management in the tropics
• Google brings water data to life
• BBUS wins Product Invention and Innovation HSC09 Award for second year in a row