New York City awards technical inspection contract

New York City's Department of Environmental Protection awarded a four-year worldwide technical inspection contract of components used in the city's US$ 1-billion a year water and wastewater construction programme to URS Corporation.

New York City's Department of Environmental Protection awarded a four-year worldwide technical inspection contract of components used in the city's US$ 1-billion a year water and wastewater construction programme to URS Corporation. The contract includes monitoring, inspecting and shop testing the manufacture and performance of mechanical equipment, metals and coatings used in the city's water and wastewater treatment facilities.

About 60% of the inspections are expected to be domestic; the remaining 40% will be concentrated in Japan, China, India, Australia, South Africa, the Czech Republic, Sweden, Britain, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico and Canada.

URS Corporation has headquarters in San Francisco, California, USA.

More in Wastewater