Calif. Water Board releases Groundwater Grant Program Draft guidelines, meetings
A series of public meetings throughout the state have been scheduled to accept public comment on the draft.
CALIFORNIA, Feb. 17, 2016 -- The State Water Resources Control Board has released its Proposition 1 Groundwater Grant Program Draft Guidelines and scheduled a series of public meetings throughout the state to accept public comment on the draft.
Proposition 1 includes $900 million for grants and loans for project that prevent or cleanup the contamination of groundwater that serves or has serves as a source of drinking water. The State Water Board is responsible for administering $800 million of those funds. The Proposition 1 Groundwater Grant Program Draft Guidelines establish the process for submitting project solicitations and evaluating projects.
Individuals interested in submitting public comment are encouraged to attend one of the following public meetings:
- Monday, March 14 from 1 – 4 p.m. at the AK Smiley Public Library in Redlands.
- Tuesday, March 15 from 1 – 4 p.m. at the Buena Vista Public Library in Burbank.
- Wednesday, March 16 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Fresno Regional Water Quality Control Board in Fresno.
- Monday, March 21 from 1 – 4 p.m. at the Central Coast Regional Water Quality Control in San Luis Obispo.
- Friday, March 25 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board in Rancho Cordova.
Due to limited space, registration is recommended but not required. The Rancho Cordova meeting will be webcast at http://www.calepa.ca.gov/broadcast. Webcast attendees are not required to register.
More information on the State Water Board’s program guidelines and public meetings is available online.