NGWA National Groundwater Expo to be held in Las Vegas in December
Held annually by the National Ground Water Association, this year’s Groundwater Expo is slated to take place Dec. 4-7 in Las Vegas, Nev.
WESTERVILLE, OH, Oct. 16, 2012 -- Held annually by the National Ground Water Association, this year’s Groundwater Expo is slated to take place Dec. 4-7 in Las Vegas, Nev.
Attracting thousands of professionals from around the world, the NGWA Groundwater Expo and Annual Meeting has come to be the best-attended groundwater industry event.
“From quality educational offerings to the latest in technological innovations and services, the Groundwater Expo is recognized as the one event where professionals from all sectors of the groundwater industry come together to discover, connect and grow around current issues and discuss potential solutions to keep the industry moving forward so the resource is wisely used, managed and protected,” said NGWA CEO Kevin McCray, CAE.
The 2012 Expo will feature:
- More than 70 hours of workshops, panel presentations, and discussion sessions for contractors, scientists, engineers, and others covering everything from water well construction and maintenance to groundwater quality and sustainability, with safety, business management, hydraulic fracturing, and geothermal operations rounding out the lineup
- A special daylong Fundamentals and Refresher Course on Groundwater and Wells designed for those new to the industry, as well as seasoned professionals -- contractors, scientists, engineers, manufacturers, and suppliers -- wishing to brush up on the basics
- The farewell presentation of Dr. S. Majid Hassanizadeh’s 2012 NGWREF Darcy Lecture in Ground Water Science, “Transport of Viruses in Partially Saturated Soil and Groundwater” and the kickoff presentation of the 2013 NGWREF McEllhiney Lecture in Water Well Technology, “Keeping the Pump Primed: Aquifer Sustainability,” by John Jansen, Ph.D., PG
- More than 290 exhibitors, 18 of which are first-time Expo participants, showing their offerings in 60,000-plus square feet of space, with more still expected to come aboard, according to Vickie Wiles, NGWA’s director of advertising and exhibit sales, who also added that to date 75 new products/services will be on hand
- Keynote address by Tommy “Two Gloves” Gainey, former A.O. Smith Corp. employee-turned-pro golfer, recounting his story of making his dream come true, along with Golf Channel analyst and former PGA Tour professional, Charlie Rymer
- Nearly two dozen NGWA award presentations honoring individuals and companies having made significant contributions to the groundwater industry including outstanding groundwater project awards in protection and remediation that recognize innovative technologies and techniques to solve unique groundwater challenges
- A charitable fundraising auction benefiting scholarships and groundwater supply projects in developing nations.
To learn more about the 2012 NGWA Groundwater Expo and Annual Meeting, visit www.GroundwaterExpo.com, or call 800 551.7379 (614 898.7791).