WWEMA elects new officers, presents Scully with award
Larry Scully, founder and president of Scully Capital Services, of Washington, DC, was presented the coveted James C. Morriss Member Achievement Award at the at the Water & Wastewater Equipment Manufacturers Association's 97th Annual Meeting, during which the organization also elected new officers and directors for 2006...
WASHINGTON, DC, Jan. 30, 2006 -- Larry Scully, founder and president of Scully Capital Services, of Washington, DC, was presented the coveted James C. Morriss Member Achievement Award at the Water & Wastewater Equipment Manufacturers Association's 97th Annual Meeting, during which the organization also elected new officers and directors for 2006. The announcement of this year's award recipient was made at the WWEMA Chairman's Awards Dinner on Saturday evening, Jan. 28, at the Lago Mar Resort & Club in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
"Larry Scully has worked feverishly on behalf of the water and wastewater industry, particularly in the field of project financing, equipment financing, and mergers and acquisitions. He truly embodies the spirit of support, cooperation and friendship that serves as the foundation of this Association," remarked WWEMA Chairman Bob Williams, president of Ashbrook Hartley-Simon, of Houston, when presenting the award.
Scully founded Scully Capital Services in 1986 and its subsidiary, Scully Capital Securities Corp. in 1988.
The award is named in memory of former WWEMA Chairman James Morriss who founded JCM Industries in 1976, a leading fitting manufacturer based in Nash, TX.
Also Jan. 28, WWEMA elected its 2006 officers and directors. The executive committee comprises:
• Chairman Chuck Miller, Vice President, Municipal Division, Smith & Loveless Inc. (Lenexa, KS)
• Chairman-Elect Ken George, Vice President/General Manager, ITT - Sanitaire Americas (Brown Deer, WI)
• Vice Chairman Tom Mills, Vice President, Marketing and Business Development, Severn Trent Services (Ft. Washington, PA)
• Treasurer Dave Angelo, Vice President and General Manager, Fairbanks Morse/Pentair Inc. (Kansas City, KS)
• Immediate Past Chairman Robert Williams, President, Ashbrook Simon-Hartley (Houston, TX)
• Secretary/President Dawn Kristof, WWEMA (Washington, D.C.)
Three new members were elected to the 2006 WWEMA Board of Directors. They are:
• Dr. Ernest Childs, President, ArchaeaSolutions Inc. (Tyrone, GA)
• Deb LaVelle, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Aqua-Aerobic Systems Inc. (Rockford, IL)
• Chuck Powers, Director of the Global Water Resource Segment, Flowserve (Taneytown, MD)
Since 1908, WWEMA (www.wwema.org) has informed, educated and provided leadership on the issues that shape the future of the water and wastewater industry.