Thales Information Systems partners with Verano to sell real-time security suite
Thales Information Systems has partnered with Verano Inc. to sell a real-time security software and services suite designed specifically for industrial control environments.
MANCHESTER, UK, Sept. 24, 2003 -- Thales Information Systems has partnered with Verano Inc. to sell Industrial Defender™ --a real-time security software and services suite designed specifically for industrial control environments.
The security solution is targeted for use by mission-critical industries, including power generation, energy distribution, water treatment, process control waste handling and transportation markets. Verano Industrial Defender safeguards control networks and mitigates business risk, while providing regulatory compliance.
The U.S. Government, as part of the Homeland Security Department, has recommended security measures be implemented to protect IT infrastructure for mission-critical
industries. It is expected that the UK Government will follow suit.
"We are delighted to be continuing our partnership with Verano. Control systems deliver mission critical operations across the UK," said Tim Porter, CEO for Thales Information Systems Ltd. "Thales IS and Verano are helping utility, transport and industrial companies discover where potential vulnerabilities exist, enabling personnel to protect and manage critical infrastructure."
"Mission critical cybersecurity vulnerabilities are a worldwide concern. Thales IS is addressing these concerns by offering Verano's Industrial Defender, providing UK industrial operators access to local expertise, installation and support to monitor, detect, notify and protect against cybersecurity threats at the control network level," said Brian Ahern, president and CEO of Verano. "Thales IS' understanding of mission critical environments and solution-orientated services enable UK clients to fully benefit from Verano's comprehensive tool set."
Thales IS also offers a comprehensive vulnerability audit and assessment of existing control systems by service engineers, to compliment Verano's Industrial Defender Watch, a real-time security monitoring, detection and notification system built on National Security Agency (NSA) Security Enhanced version of Linux.
About Verano Industrial Defender Watch:
Watch is designed to consolidate all industrial operations monitoring and detection of potential security breaches to existing control system applications and servers, firewalls, as well as other security devices, while also monitoring system performance. Upon detection of a potential security breach, Watch provides configurable notification mechanisms to alert appropriate personnel of the security violations.
Verano Industrial Defender Watch Features:
* 24x7x365 real-time monitoring, detection and notification of security threats for both network assets and plant applications
* Vulnerability audit and assessment by service engineers
* Real-time alarm and event management to view and acknowledge cyber security or system performance incidents
* "Intelligent Agents" that detect patterns and symptoms on control devices, passing only the needed information across the network to the Watch server never using more than one percent of your control network resources
* Real-time database and calculation engine built on over 12 years of field proven industrial real-time technology provides for centralized storage for all security information
* Network Intrusion Detection (NIDS) application that can detect more than 1,800 signatures
* Email incident notification, enabling instant notification of an incident by wireless PDA, pager or cell phone
* Pre-built reports show cyber-security incidents by alarm levels, device category or date and time for compliance with security procedures and policies
* Delivered as an appliance, utilizing the security extensions from NSA
Verano, Inc. is a provider of cyber-security management and control solutions for mission critical industrial operations. Verano is a trusted supplier to more than 220 industrial enterprises in power generation, utilities, energy, transportation, and process manufacturing industries. These customers represent more than 2,200 global system installations. A privately held company founded in 1996, Verano is headquartered in Mansfield, Massachusetts, U.S.A. with a major operation in Calgary, Canada. For further information see www.verano.com.
About Thales Information Systems
Thales Information Systems, part of The Thales Group, is one of Europe's software and service providers, delivery consultancy, systems integration and outsourcing to the Services (Utilities and Telecommunications) Industry, Public Sector & Finance market sectors. Employing 5,000 employees worldwide, turnover in 2002 was £375 million (Euro 500 million Euros). See www.thales-is.com for further details.