Compressor technology receives international certifications
MECO's GII Centurbo Compressor has passed many tests to obtain international certifications ensuring power ratings and safe engineering practices.
Dec. 10, 2013 -- The GII Centurbo™ Compressor technology from MECO has passed a variety of tests to obtain multiple international certifications that ensure the system meets its stated power ratings and that the machines are designed for safe and efficient engineering practices.
The GII is lightweight, clean and quiet (less than 80 decibels) and requires limited parts. The compressor is also designed to vary with users' demand to reduce starts and stops and improve energy efficiency. Further, an advanced lubrication system only uses air and an intermittent mist of oil to cool and lubricate the bearings, resulting in decreased storing, circulating, filtering, and changing of large quantities of oil.
The certifying authorities include Underwriters Laboratories (UL), the Canadian Standards Association (CSA), the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), and the European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization (CENELEC).
MECO's GII international certifications include:
- UL 1004-1 Standard for Safety for Rotating Electrical Motors
- CSA C22.2#100 Canadian Standard for Motors and Generators
- IEC 60034-18-1 Standard for Safety for Rotating Electrical Machines
- CENELEC EN 60034-1 Standard for Safety for Rotating Electrical Machines - Methods of Cooling
- CENELEC EN60034-6 Standard for Safety for Rotating Electrical Machines - Functional Evaluation of Insulation Systems - General Guidelines
MECO is a manufacturer of engineered products for water purification serving a multiple of industries. The company has a history of providing products and services to the US Armed forces dating as far back as World War II. The company's military products include mobile water purification plants, pumps and marine heat exchangers. For more information, visit www.meco.com.