Desalination market to 2020 explored in new report
DUBLIN, Ireland, Feb. 7, 2011 -- Research and Markets has announced the release of a new report that provides key information and analysis on the market opportunities in the global desalination market...
• Technology driven cost reduction in membrane-based processes set to drive sustainability investments into the market
DUBLIN, Ireland, Feb. 7, 2011 -- Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Desalination Market to 2020 - Technology Driven Cost Reduction in Membrane-Based Processes set to Drive Sustainability Investments into the Market" report to their offering.
Desalination Market to 2020 - Technology Driven Cost Reduction in Membrane Based Processes set to Drive Sustainability Investments into the Market provides key information and analysis on the market opportunities in the global desalination market. The report provides the latest information on the cumulative contracted desalination capacity of the various geographies. It gives detailed assessment of the market forces influencing the desalination market. The report also provides analysis of key desalination countries which includes Saudi Arabia, the US, UAE, Spain, Kuwait, Algeria, China, Qatar, Japan, Australia and India. It also provides information on the membrane and thermal based technologies used for desalination.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by a team of industry experts.
High Population Growth Rates, Rapid Urbanization and Industrialization Set to Increase the Need for Increased Global Desalination Capacity
The global desalination market has shown an upward trend over recent years. The global cumulative contracted capacity has grown from 46.6 million cubic meters per day (m/day) in 2005 to 67.3 million m/day in 2009, at a cumulative average growth rate (CAGR) of 9.6%.GBI Research anticipates the global cumulative contracted capacity of the market to grow at a CAGR of 10.5% during the forecast period 20102020 to reach 195.8 million m/day in 2020. High population growth, increasing water shortages, limited freshwater supplies, rapid urbanization, industrial expansion, growing tourist industries and increasing saltwater intrusion into the aquifers are the major factors driving the need for increase in the global desalination capacity.
More than half of the global desalination capacity is located in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, as of 2009. Increasing water shortages, increasing urbanization and industrialization and high population growth rates in various countries of MENA region such as Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Qatar and the UAE (United Arab Emirates) are the main factors for the increasing adaptation of desalination as an option for producing fresh water. Desalination is gaining wide acceptance in Asia-Pacific countries like China, India and Australia, where a large cross-section of the population live in coastal regions with limited fresh water resources. Desalination is also gaining ground in the North American region. Almost all the states of the US have desalination plants and most of them are designed specifically for industrial uses. In Europe, desalination is primarily used for municipal purposes, but the industrial applications of desalinated water are now also increasing. Spain is among the top five countries for desalination in the world. Growing tourism industry in Europe particularly in Spain is also propelling the need for increasing the desalination capacity.
- Key geographies such as Middle East, the US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, China, India, Australia, Middle East and Africa and Brazil.
- Qualitative analysis of market drivers, restraints and challenges for the desalination market.
- Annual revenues of the desalination equipment market from 2005 to 2009, forecast forward for 11 years to 2020.
- Region wise (Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America and Rest of the World) breakdown of the global desalination market revenues from 2005 to 2009, forecast forward for 11 years to 2020.
- Breakdown of the global desalination market on the basis of business segments and end-users.
- Market share and product portfolio of the key players in the global desalination systems industry.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends and developments that are driving the desalination market across globe.
- Identify key players best positioned to take advantage of the emerging market opportunities.
- Decision on investments and future plans by the region wise understanding of the desalination market trends.
- Identify the government policies and regulations promoting the global desalination market.
- Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co., Ltd
- Fisia Italimpianti S.p.A.
- GE Water & Process Technologies
- ITT Corporation
- John Holland Group
- Veolia Environnement
- TOYOBO CO. LTD.
- Pall Corporation
- Koch Membrane Systems
- Energy Recovery, Inc
- Danfoss A/S
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cc0919/desalination_marke.