NGWA announces recipients of 2015 groundwater industry awards
The National Ground Water Association recently announced the recipients of its 2015 Awards of Excellence, Outstanding Groundwater Project Award and Divisional Awards.
WESTERVILLE, OHIO, July 27, 2015 -- The National Ground Water Association (NGWA) recently announced the recipients of its 2015 Awards of Excellence, Outstanding Groundwater Project Award and Divisional Awards. The awards will be presented this December during the Groundwater Expo in Las Vegas, Nev.
Former NGWA President Scott Fowler, CWD/PI, has received top honor as recipient of the Ross L. Oliver Award for outstanding contributions to the groundwater industry. Fowler, president of Dahlman Pump & Well Drilling Inc., Burlington, Wash., served as NGWA's president in 2008 and received the Association's Standard Bearer Award in 2012.
Other 2015 NGWA award recipients include the following:
Awards of Excellence
- John "Jack" W. Henrich, MGWC, CVCLD, Bergerson-Caswell Inc. (Maple Plain, MN): Standard Bearer Award
- Robert Cleary, Ph.D., Princeton Groundwater Inc, (Tampa, FL): Special Recognition Award
- Sorab Panday, Ph.D., GSI Environmental Inc. (Newport Beach, CA): M. King Hubbert Award for major science contributions to the knowledge of groundwater
Outstanding Groundwater Project Awards
- CDM Smith Inc., Luxor and Edfu Groundwater Lowering at Antiquity Sites: Groundwater Protection Award
- Layne Christensen Co., Scavenger Well Couple for Chloride Management (Baton Rouge, LA): Groundwater Supply Award
- E. Scott Bair, Ph.D. (Kitty Hawk, NC): Keith E. Anderson Award for outstanding contributions to NGWA's Scientists and Engineers Division
- H.A. "Bill" Mills, 2M Co. (Billings, MT): Supplier of the Year Award
- James "Jim" Jackson, Alloy Machine Works (Houston, TX): Manufacturers Division Special Recognition Award