WWEMA 2013: Achievement Award recipient, new officers announced
WWEMA named the recipient of its 2013 Member Achievement Award and elected new officers and directors at its 105th Annual Meeting.
Dec. 2, 2013 -- The Water and Wastewater Equipment Manufacturers Association (WWEMA) named the recipient of the 2013 James C. Morriss Member Achievement Award and elected new officers and directors at its 105th Annual Meeting held on Nov. 14-16 at the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club in Ponte Vedra, Fla.
WWEMA Chairman Deb LaVelle appointed JWC Environmental of Costa Mesa, Calif., as the beneficiary of the James C. Morriss Member Achievement Award for its role in supporting the association and the industry over the past year. Each year, the award is presented to a WWEMA member for significant contributions to the mission of the association and to the benefit of the water and wastewater industry.
JWC Environmental President Ron Duecker, who served as chairman of the 2013 WWEMA Presidents Council, assembled an online mechanism allowing members to share and collaborate prior to the meeting and generated an extensive post-meeting report that he shared with the entire WWEMA membership.
In addition, JWC Environmental staff developed an advocacy poster to be used by WWEMA members to promote the value of investing in water infrastructure. Drew Maxie, application programmer at JWC, and Scott Kelly, former vice president of sales for the company and a former WWEMA board member, devoted many hours to crafting the poster's content and design.
In addition to presenting its Achievement Award, WWEMA also elected 11 new officers and directors, six of whom will serve on the 2014 Executive Committee and five of whom will preside on the 2014 Board of Directors.The following list indicates the newly-appointed officials:
2014 WWEMA Executive Committee
· Chairman Chuck Powers, Director, Global Water Resource Industry/Product Management, Flowserve Corporation (Taneytown, MD)
· Chairman-ElectFrank Rebori, President, Smith & Loveless Inc. (Lenexa, KS)
· Vice ChairmanRon Port, Vice President, Marketing and Business Development, SPX Corporation (Charlotte, NC)
· Treasurer Tammy Bernier, President, Duperon Corporation (Saginaw, MI)
· Immediate Past ChairmanDeborah LaVelle, Owner, Bestt Consulting LLC (Rockton, IL)
· Secretary Vanessa Leiby, Executive Director, WWEMA (Washington, DC)
2014 Board of Directors
· Jack Adams, Director, Calgon Carbon Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA)
· Vince Baldasare, Sales Manager, The Gorman-Rupp Company (Mansfield, OH)
· Anthony Dusovic, Chief Executive Officer and General Manager, Ozonia North America (Leonia, NJ)
· Fritz Egger, Director-Asia Pacific, JWC Environmental (Costa Mesa, CA)
· Michelle McNish, President, E & I Corporation (Westerville, OH)
Since 1908, WWEMA has informed, educated and provided leadership on the issues that shape the future of the water and wastewater industry. Its member companies supply the most sophisticated leading products and technologies, offering solutions to every water-related environmental problem and need facing today’s society.