WaterBriefs: Rohm and Haas Kankakee plant wins EPA award
Also in this report: The future of sustainable water management; University of Houston professor named distinguished member of ASCE; Hatch Mott Macdonald opens offices in Tulsa, OK, and Houston, TX; Rain Bird names judges for 2008 Intelligent Use of Water film competition; Larry Thomas awarded AWWA honorary membership; Agilent's MS software platform to support all Agilent instruments; Aqua America appoints VP to lead corporate development team; (more)...
In other news below:
-- The future of sustainable water management
-- University of Houston professor named distinguished member of ASCE
-- Hatch Mott Macdonald opens offices in Tulsa, OK, and Houston, TX
-- Rain Bird names judges for 2008 Intelligent Use of Water film competition
-- Larry Thomas awarded AWWA honorary membership
-- Agilent's MS software platform to support all Agilent instruments
-- Aqua America appoints VP to lead corporate development team
-- Total cooling water program goes beyond water treatment
-- Hydranautics names Brett Andrews as president, COO
-- Foster Wheeler awarded contract for pilot plant in Finland
-- American Galvanizers Association announces scholarship winners
• Rohm and Haas Kankakee plant wins EPA award
KANKAKEE, IL -- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has awarded the Rohm and Haas Company (NYSE:ROH) Kankakee facility with their National Environmental Performance Track Award for progress toward achieving environmental performance goals and the breadth and challenge of those goals...
-- "Rohm and Haas announces worldwide price increase for ion exchange resins"
Among other recent headlines:
• The future of sustainable water management
DONCASTER, UK -- Dr. Jason Shingleton, General Manager for Polypipe Water Management Solutions, talks through some of the latest industry developments and points towards a sustainable approach to water management. ...
-- "Polypipe Civils supplies bespoke manhole solution for housing development"
-- "Polypipe Civils appoints new marketing executive"
-- "Polypipe Industrial makes major new appointment"
• University of Houston professor named distinguished member of national civil engineering society
RESTON, VA -- Jerry R. Rogers, Ph.D., P.E., D.WRE, Dist.M.ASCE, a professor at the University of Houston, was recently named a Distinguished Member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)...
-- New ASCE publication: 'Sedimentation Engineering: Processes, Measurements, Modeling, and Practice'"
• Hatch Mott Macdonald opens offices in Tulsa, OK, and Houston, TX
MILLBURN, NJ -- Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM), is pleased to announce two new office openings to support its rapidly growing pipeline business. New offices in Oklahoma and Texas will provide the firm an expanded geographic platform to serve existing and potential clients for gas and product pipeline engineering services. Both offices are strategically located with respect to proposed and existing pipeline corridors, and will allow the firm to attract skilled pipeline professionals who reside in these areas. These openings extend Hatch Mott MacDonald's reach in the South, expanding our network of offices in North America to 56 locations.
Also see: -- "Tampa Bay Seawater Desalination Plant receives engineering award"
• Rain Bird names judges for 2008 Intelligent Use of Water film competition
AZUSA, CA -- Rain Bird, a manufacturer and provider of irrigation products and services for lawns, gardens, agriculture, golf courses, sports arenas, and commercial developments announced its expert panel of judges for the 2008 Intelligent Use of Water Film Competition...
Also see: -- "Rain Bird Opens Call for 2008 Intelligent Use of Water™ Award Nominations"
• Larry Thomas awarded AWWA honorary membership
CRYSTAL LAKE, IL -- Larry Thomas, PE, BCEE was awarded Honorary Membership in the American Water Works Assocation (AWWA) during the organization's Annual Conference in Atlanta...
-- "Baxter & Woodman Promotions Announced"
-- "Baxter & Woodman Inc. Opens Chicago Office"
-- "Baxter & Woodman, RFP Mapping LLC Create Strategic Alliance"
• Agilent Technologies' mass spectrometry software platform to support all Agilent instruments
DENVER, CO -- Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it is expanding its MassHunter Workstation software with many new functionalities...
Also see: -- "Agilent launches proteomics site"
• Aqua America appoints VP to lead corporate development team
BRYN MAWR, PA -- Aqua America Inc. has named Christopher P. Luning vice president, corporate development...
Also see: -- "William B. Davis appointed president of Aqua New Jersey"
• Total cooling water program goes beyond water treatment
NAPERVILLE, IL -- Nalco has announced its new Risk Management Solutions for Cooling Water program...
-- Nalco recognizes World Water Day with grant to Water For People
-- Nalco, Evonik expand strategic relationship for tissue makers in Central, South America
-- Nalco elects J. Erik Fyrwald as new chairman, president and CEO
• Hydranautics names Brett Andrews as president, COO
OCEANSIDE, CA -- Nitto Denko announced that Brett Andrews has been named as Hydranautics' President and Chief Operating Officer...
-- "Nitto Denko expands Shiga plant capacity by an initial 60%"
• Foster Wheeler awarded contract for pilot plant in Finland
HAMILTON, Bermuda -- Foster Wheeler's Finnish subsidiary Foster Wheeler Energia Oy was awarded a contract by NSE Biofuels Oy Ltd. for a circulating fluidized-bed (CFB) biomass gasifier to be located in Varkaus, Finland...
Also see: -- "Foster Wheeler awarded contract for circulating fluidized-bed steam generators by Entergy Louisiana"
• American Galvanizers Association announces scholarship winners
CENTENNIAL, CO -- The American Galvanizers Association (AGA) has announced the winners of the 2008 Galvanize the Future: An Edgar K. Schutz Scholarship essay contest...
Also see: -- "AGA 2008 Excellence Award winners announced"
• Insituform appoints Joe Burgess president, CEO
• Sandmeyer Steel Company fills two sales positions
• Danfoss Flomatic celebrates 75 years
• HD Supply Waterworks acquires D&M Fabrication Inc.
• Multisorb appoints business development leader for electronics market
• Dell global headquarters campus going 100% green
• Environmental concerns a priority over cost in drinking water, survey shows
• RJN Group selected for Flagg Creek Water Reclamation District study
• Demand for better pipe condition information drives RedZone's growth
• Earth Tech awarded for industry buying activity
• Space Data brings low-cost corrosion monitoring solution to pipeline industry
• Holly Clegg, America's WETLAND partner on cookbook
• Environmental Operating Solutions completes $2.5M financing round
• Carbon Disclosure Project, Merrill Lynch enter three year Global Partnership
• Helmer Risk Management, LLC signs PipeEye International