American Water announces 2014 Environmental Grant Award recipients
American Water has announced the recipients of its 2014 Environmental Grant Program awards.
VOORHEES, NJ, July 7, 2014 -- American Water (NYSE: AWK), the nation's largest publicly-traded water and wastewater utility company, has announced the recipients of its 2014 Environmental Grant Program awards.
Established in 2005, American Water's Environmental Grant Program offers funds for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies in the communities it serves.
A total of 45 projects* throughout American Water's service areas in 11 states will be receiving grants totaling more than $185,000:
- California: Two grants totaling $10,000
- Illinois: Six grants totaling $15,825
- Indiana: Five grants totaling nearly $9,300
- Iowa: Four grants totaling $7,700
- Kentucky: Four grants totaling nearly $30,000
- Missouri: Six grants totaling $21,325
- New Jersey: Five grants totaling approximately $36,000
- New York: One grant totaling $5,000
- Pennsylvania: Six grants totaling nearly $35,000
- Tennessee: Three grants totaling $8,700
- Virginia: Four grants totaling $7,500
- West Virginia: Rolling out its program later this year
"Each one of these organizations is making a difference in one of American Water's communities, and we are very proud to partner with them to turn their plans into a reality," said Debra Vernon, Manager of Corporate Responsibility. "Now in its ninth year, our state environmental grant program has provided needed support for communities to help improve, restore and protect our valuable natural resources through partnerships."
*More information on the 45 individual projects can be found here.
About American Water
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,600 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 40 states as well as parts of Canada. For more information, visit www.amwater.com.