Philadelphia Mixing Solutions parent becomes Wind River Holdings
New name for the AMC Group L.P. selected to reflect organization's diversified portfolio of operating companies...
KING OF PRUSSIA, PA, Aug. 16, 2005 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- The AMC Group L.P., a privately-held investment company, today announced that it will change its name to Wind River Holdings, effective immediately. Among its companies is Philadelphia Mixing Solutions, of Palmyra, Pa.
"Our new name reflects an evolution in the business model of our company. The AMC Group was originally derived from American Manufacturing Corporation, our first company," said Robert Strouse, President. "Over the past decade we have acquired and operated a variety of companies outside the manufacturing area. We felt that a new name more accurately captured the broad scope and dynamic business that we have become."
Focused on creating equity value in its operating companies, Wind River Holdings selectively acquires businesses across a diverse range of industries. Companies currently owned and managed by the firm include:
• AMC Delancey Group (Philadelphia, Pa.) - a real estate development, investment and management company focused on commercial and specialty real estate in the eastern United States.
• Goddard Systems Inc. (King of Prussia, Pa.) - the franchisor for The Goddard School for Early Childhood Development, a leading provider of childcare centers across the nation.
• Philadelphia Gear Corporation (Norristown, Pa.) - a globally-recognized supplier of precision gear products and gear services for the cement, marine, power and steel industries.
• Philadelphia Mixing Solutions (Palmyra, Pa.) - one of North America's leading suppliers of custom industrial mixing systems for the wastewater and chemical processing industries.
• Samson Rope Technologies (Ferndale, Wa. & Lafayette, La.) - one of America's oldest and most renowned providers of high-quality rope products for the arborist, commercial fishing, offshore marine, recreational marine, rigging and safety markets.
With a full range of globally proven products, services, and the largest test lab facility, Philadelphia Mixing Solutions (www.philadelphiamixers.com) is one of the world's most experienced equipment and process optimization experts for chemical processing, wastewater treatment, tank storage, and other fluid mixing applications.
Based in King of Prussia, Pa., Wind River Holdings (www.windriverholdings.com) consists of 16 management executives and support staff. Through its five operating companies, the company maintains a workforce of over 700 employees. Wind River Holdings actively seeks to acquire companies that have strong opportunities for growth, a high-caliber management team, a leading and recognized brand in its respective market and annual sales of up to $100 million.