WaterBriefs: Master Meter delivers 1,000,000th DIALOG 3G Wireless RF AMR unit
Also in this report: Skanska USA Civil reorganizes, lands big Ga. contract; PBS&J's Flood Map Desktop in testing; EPA Administrator addresses water infrastructure, efficiency at AWWA; Foster Wheeler to supply two boilers for Texas power station; Sensus Metering Systems acquires AMDS; Siemens wins Beijing Bei Xiaohe water reuse plant, Technip-France FPSO projects; HydroGlobe, Calgon Carbon partner for municipal arsenic treatment; EIMCO Water Technologies modifies 12 clarifiers in Baltimore...
In other news below:
-- Skanska USA Civil reorganizes, lands big Ga. contract
-- PBS&J's Flood Map Desktop available for testing
-- EPA Administrator addresses water infrastructure, efficiency at AWWA
-- Foster Wheeler to supply circulating fluidized-bed boilers for Texas power station
-- Sensus Metering Systems acquires assets of AMDS
-- Siemens wins Beijing Bei Xiaohe water reuse plant, Technip-France FPSO projects
-- HydroGlobe, Calgon Carbon partner for municipal arsenic treatment
-- EIMCO Water Technologies extends life of 12 clarifiers in Baltimore
• 1,000,000th DIALOG 3G Wireless RF AMR unit delivered -- MANSFIELD, TX, June 11, 2006 -- Master Meter's DIALOG 3G family of wireless RF water meter products was introduced at the AMRA Convention in San Antonio, TX, in the last quarter of 2002. This year at the AWWA Convention again in San Antonio, Master Meter is announcing the purchase of the 1,000,000 DIALOG 3G Unit delivered to Lee County Utilities Division, FL, in May 2006.
Also see: "Master Meter aids hurricane recovery in Cameron Parrish"
• Skanska USA Civil reorganizes, lands big Ga. contract -- WHITESTONE, NY, June 8, 2006 -- Richard Cavallaro, chief operating officer, has been appointed president of Slattery Skanska Inc., one of the largest heavy civil construction firms in the New York metropolitan area. He has also been appointed executive vice president of Skanska USA Civil's northeast region. Skanska USA Civil's Atlantic Skanska unit also was awarded new $30 million water treatment project in Cumming, Ga...
-- "Atlantic Skanska awarded new water treatment project in Cumming, Ga."
-- "Case Study: F. Wayne Hill Waste Water Treatment Plant"
-- "Case Study: Newtown Creek Water Pollution Control Plant"
-- "Case Study: Atlantic Skanska to reconstruct Rome, Ga., water pollution control plant"
• PBS&J's Flood Map Desktop available for testing -- Beta version allows users to create DFIRM maps and databases that comply with FEMA guidelines and specifications -- ORLANDO, FL, June 9, 2006 -- At long last, FEMA flood mapping partners have the tool they've been asking for to complete their Map Modernization projects: PBS&J's Flood Map Desktop™ (FMD) is now available in beta release for testing and feedback. An extension for ESRI's ArcGIS 9 Desktop software, FMD sits right on the user"s desktop and requires no Internet connection. Users can manage their own data with no rigid workflow...
• EPA Administrator to address water infrastructure, efficiency at ACE06 Opening General Session -- DENVER, June 8, 2006 -- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Stephen L. Johnson will talk about the importance of water efficiency and stewardship of water infrastructure on June 12 during the Opening General Session of the American Water Works Association"s Annual Conference and Exposition (ACE06) in San Antonio, TX. Following his ACE06 address, Johnson will introduce a new water efficiency program at a news conference outside the convention center...
-- "EPA Administrator Commemorates Oklahoma Labs 40th Anniversary, Recognizes Contributions to Science"
-- "EPA releases online tools for M/DBP compliance"
-- "East Bay Municipal Utility District achieves highest level of plant performance; Fifth utility to reach Partnership for Safe Water goal"
• Foster Wheeler awarded two circulating fluidized-bed boilers for TXU's Sandow Power Station in Texas -- HAMILTON, Bermuda--June 9, 2006--Foster Wheeler Ltd. announced today that Foster Wheeler North America Corp., an operating unit of its Global Power Group, has been awarded a contract by Bechtel Power Corporation for the design and supply of two circulating fluidized-bed (CFB) boilers. The contract, valued in excess of $100 million, calls for Foster Wheeler to supply two 315 megawatt (MWe) CFB boilers for a new solid-fuel power plant that Bechtel Power is designing and constructing for TXU Corp. The new plant will be located at TXU's Sandow Steam Electric Station in Rockdale, Texas. The new CFBs have been designed to use local lignite fuel and will provide high-pressure steam to a single steam reheat turbine. The award will be included in Foster Wheeler's second-quarter 2006 bookings...
• Sensus Metering Systems acquires assets of AMDS -- RALEIGH, NC, June 7, 2006 -- In keeping with its strategy of expanding its automatic meter reading product portfolio and addressing increasing market demands for Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), Sensus Metering Systems Inc. announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to purchase the assets of Advanced Metering Data Systems LLC located in New Orleans, LA. Sensus has marketed AMDS' FlexNet with AMDS Connect AMI System technology in North America for the past 18 months under an exclusive agreement...
• Siemens supplies technologies for Beijing Bei Xiaohe wastewater reuse plant project -- ESSEN, Germany, June 7, 2006 -- Beijing Drainage Group Siemens selected Siemens Water Technologies, a division of the Siemens Group Industrial Solutions and Services (I&SS), to supply the most up-to-date membrane technologies for Beijing Bei Xiaohe Wastewater Treatment Plant. The plant will also serve the Olympic Park for recreational water and reuse water in 2008. The project, with a contract value of $18 million, is currently the largest of its kind in the world, and will be finished at the end of 2007...
-- "Siemens to supply produced water filtration, seawater injection systems to Technip"
-- "Siemens Water Technologies introduces the Vantage M83 reverse osmosis systems"
• HydroGlobe, Calgon Carbon partner for municipal arsenic treatment -- GLASGOW, DE, June 7, 2006 -- HydroGlobe, a division of Graver Technologies, LLC, has announced signing of a strategic marketing agreement that establishes Calgon Carbon Corporation as the exclusive supplier of HydroGlobe's patented Metsorb™ HMRG (Heavy Metal Removal Granules) for municipal arsenic water treatment application where an adsorbent technology is used...
• EIMCO Water Technologies extends life of 12 clarifiers in Baltimore -- SALT LAKE CITY, UT, June 7, 2006 -- EIMCO Water Technologies LLC, a division of Groupe LaPerriere & Verreault Inc., announced June 5 that it has been awarded an order for 12 modified Clarifiers from Shaney Construction Company Inc., in Baltimore, MD. EIMCO will perform the modifications on the 155-foot diameter suction clarifiers (installed 20 years ago), including new EIMCO C60P drives, energy dissipating inlets (EDI), and extended trough skimmers at the Back River Waste Water Treatment Plant...
In earlier newsbriefs, see: "WaterBriefs: Desalination roadmap seeks solutions to increase nation's water supply" -- Also in this report (June 6, 2006): Food & Water Watch urges mayors not to abandon water agencies to corporate interests; ASA simulates tanker collision in Tampa Bay at GITA conference; Engineering students to gather in Stillwater for ASCE Concrete Canoe Contest; Invensys awarded major steam turbine control project in Qatar; Flowserve JV to build Mid-East's largest pump facility in Saudi Arabia; RASIRC steam purification system to be honored at Semicon West; New EPA cooling water intake rule signed for oil & gas rigs, platforms; Thompson Pump employees celebrate 25 years of service; Calif. DWR awards $9 million in grants to study, restore and protect watersheds; New e-learning tools from InfraGuide include water distribution system aids; FCM-CH2M Hill Sustainable Community Awards honor 10 municipal initiatives; Watts Water Technologies acquires Calflex Manufacturing Inc.; Water Advocates laud State Department water strategy as 'important step'...