PA Convention Center to host Filtration 2004
Filtration 2004, to be held Dec. 7-9 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, is the largest filtration event in the world with over 2,000 filtration professionals expected to attend...
Cary, NC, Sept. 13, 2004 -- Filtration 2004, to be held Dec. 7-9 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, is the largest filtration event in the world with over 2,000 filtration professionals expected to attend.
Like Filtration 2003, Filtration 2004 will feature two tutorials -- Air Filtration and Liquid Filtration.
The featured topics for the Air Filtration Tutorial are: Particulate Filtration; Air Filtration of Gaseous Contaminants; and an Air Filtration Demonstration.
The featured topics for the Liquid Filtration Tutorial are: The Fundamentals of Liquid Filtration; and Beta Ratio, Beta Rating & Multipass Testing.
The conference sessions highlight these presentations:
* Keynote: "The Value Proposition of Safety," Ellen J. Kullman, DuPont Safety & Protection
* "Protection Against Toxic Terrorism: Filtration and the 87% Solution," William J. Blewitt, Battelle Eastern Science & Technology Center
* "New Respiratory Protection Standards," Jonathan Szaladja, NIOSH
* "Media Designed for Chemical Defense for Buildings," Matt Middlebrooks, BBA Fiberweb
* "Vehicle Compartment Filters -- A Critical Component," Leonard P. Freed, Freudenberg Nonwovens
* "Performance Test Method for Diesel Engine Soot-Devices in Lubricating Oils -- Initial Filtration Efficiency," Gary Bessee, Southwest Research Institute
* "Silicon Carbide Diesel Exhaust Particulate Filter," Richard Nixdorf, Industrial Ceramic Solutions
* "North American Filtration Markets 2003-2008," Ed Homonoff, Edward C. Homonoff Associates
* "Global Filtration Industry", Rory Holmes, INDA
* "Air Filter Test Methods -- Comparing ASHRAE Method 52.2 & European Methods EN 779," Robert Burkhead, Blue Heaven Enterprises
* "Performance Testing of Synthetic and Glass Filter Media," Susan Goldsmith, IBR
* "In-Situ Performance Testing of ASHRAE Grade Filters Using Particle Counters: The Need for a US Guideline," Don Thornburg, Camfil Farr
For information regarding attending or exhibiting, please contact INDA, the Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry, at 919-233-1210, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.inda.org.