Hach sponsors webcast on optimizing online pH measurement
"Optimizing Online pH Measurement System Performance" is the title of a webcast hosted by PennWell Water Group -- which includes WaterWorld, Industrial WaterWorld and Water & Wastewater International magazines -- and planned for Wednesday, June 21 at 1 p.m. EDT and to be lead by speaker Fred Kohlmann, corporate account sales manager of the Hach Company...
LOVELAND, CO, June 12, 2006 -- "Optimizing Online pH Measurement System Performance" is the title of a webcast planned for Wednesday, June 21 at 1 p.m. EDT and to be lead by speaker Fred Kohlmann, corporate account sales manager of the Hach Company.
Whether it's chemical production, potable water treatment, ultra pure water chemistry control, or waste water discharge limits, employing pH control with varying degrees of precision is required. Careful evaluation and selection of pH measurement system components are essential to achieve desired accuracy, system reliability, and economic equipment operating life. What needs to be considered?
• The pH sensor - This must provide optimum measurement accuracy, response time, and the best possible durability for the application
• The mounting hardware and interconnecting cable - Cable and sensor mounting hardware must be selected to suit the sensor to analyzer distance and any environmental requirements
• The analyzer/readout device - Will the signal be input to a control computer, used for local indication, or will the analyzer perform the control?
This Webinar will explore and review factors to consider when selecting the right pH system for your application. It will touch on the basics of pH measurement theory, focus on several key variables regarding measurement accuracy and sensor performance, and provide helpful suggestions for various component options available to achieve an effective pH measurement system.
For over 55 years, the Hach Company (www.hach.com), a unit of Danaher, has been manufacturing and distributing analytical instruments and reagents used to test the quality of water and other aqueous solution. Our systems are designed to simplify analysis and include:
• Complete, easy-to follow methods
• High-quality prepared reagents
• Accurate instrumentation
• Life-time technical support