Verderflex hose, dosing pumps offer viable treatment solutions
An industrial waste water treatment company required a cost-effective solution to pumping polyelectrolyte. As such, the Verderflex Dura Hose Pump offered the customer a dosing solution that offered long hose life and lowered maintenance costs.
June 10, 2014 -- An industrial waste water treatment company required a cost-effective solution to pumping polyelectrolyte. Existing helical rotor pumps were expensive to run and maintain. As such, the Verderflex Dura Hose Pump from Verder International offered the customer a dosing solution that offered long hose life and lowered maintenance costs.
The plant engineers approached Verderflex distributor, Global Pumps Australia for a solution to the following problems:
- The existing helical rotor pumps were expensive to run and maintain.
- The replacement pump would have to be able to transfer liquid polymer, which is a thick, viscous liquid mixed with a 30 percent kerosene (hydrocarbon) carrier.
- The pump had to be compatible with the client's existing system.
- The hose would have to last a minimum of three months.
|The Verderflex Dura Hose Pump|
Global Pumps analyzed the customer's current systems, and the Verderflex peristaltic Dura hose pump was selected for the following reasons:
- Peristaltic pumps have a low-shear operation -- ideal for shear-sensitive products like polymer.
- The Dura has the ability to handle viscous liquids.
- The dosing capability is within ±5% accuracy.
- A service is easy as the hose is only one wearable part in contact with the fluid. The innovative flange design allows quick and easy removal and fitting.
- The Dura provides longer hose life than conventional pumps.
Verderflex's Dura Hose Pump has now been installed for more than 1 year. The customer has reduced their process downtime, improved their operational efficiency and reduced the overall maintenance cost after moving to peristaltic pumping technology.
|The Dura 5 & Dura 7 HPLV|
Verderflex also offers the Dura 5 and Dura 7 HPLV (high-pressure, low-volume dosing), which delivers stable sub-liter per hour flows at either 5 or 8 Bar in a rugged hose pump format. Accordingly, the Dura 5 and Dura 7 offer:
- Care-free pumping of off gassing liquids
- Elimination of abrasive wear costs
- Reduction of chemical usage
- Cutting of clogging costs
- No tube re-tensioning
- True dry priming
- Scalable performance
In adidition, the Dura 5 and Dura 7 also offer:
- Halting of dry running prroblems
- No ancillary equipment
- Stable liquid delivery
- Superior secondary containment
- High margin of safety and secure clamping
- Superior viscious performance
- Maintenance simplicity
- Simple user controls
- Scalable performance
About Verder International
The Verder Group is a trusted supplier of high quality services and solutions for industries such as the chemical, process, food, pharmaceutical, plastics, and the water treatment industry. As a prominent industrial partner, the Group includes a number of technical trading and production companies. Each serves its own particular market, ranging from most European countries to the United States, South Africa, Japan and China. For more information, visit www.verderflex.com.