eCalgon launches online chemical resource for the municipal market
eCalgon, an online resource offering water treatment chemicals and on-demand services for the municipal market by a chemical company, was launched today.
NAPERVILLE, IL, June 12, 2001 — eCalgon, the first online resource offering water treatment chemicals and on-demand services for the municipal market by a chemical company, was launched today.
The eCalgon site allows municipal buyers of drinking water and wastewater treatment to identify, compare, price and order chemicals and services via the Web.
In addition, registered users will be part of a community and have real-time, 24-hour access to postings on such critical information as "best use" of products, submitted sample results, and links to regulatory and compliance data. Municipalities can register at www.e-calgon.com.
According to Mike Phillips, Global Strategy and Development Manager for eCalgon, "As the first manufacturer to focus directly on the municipal market, eCalgon will better serve the specific needs of municipal professionals and build tighter customer relationships."
eCalgon was developed to also be a community resource center for municipal engineers, operations managers, and purchasing agents to help answer mechanical, operational and chemical issues associated with running a municipal plant. For this buying audience, eCalgon offers, for greater convenience, the ability to order services, samples, products, and test equipment. Plant managers and operators now have access to competitive prices, easy purchase order information and product compliance information to help streamline the decision-making process.
A survey, conducted by an independent research firm, showed that 33 percent of municipalities in the 3,000-100,000-population range purchase some products or services on the Internet. Of the remaining 67 percent that currently do not purchase, 51percent of them plan to over the next year. Additionally, the survey showed that drinking water and wastewater treatment chemicals are not widely available via the Internet. To date, municipality respondents have not purchased any water treatment chemicals via the Internet.
"Municipalities can now leverage the Internet to support specific business processes," said Phillips. "eCalgon can be the first thought in ordering drinking water and wastewater treatment chemical products and services, as well as a resource to draw upon for water related operational improvement."
eCalgon is a provider of drinking water and wastewater treatment products and services serving municipalities nationwide. eCalgon allows municipalities to purchase cost-effective products online and request on-site support and other consultative services.
eCalgon's experienced management and technical team includes professionals with extensive knowledge and an average of 19 years experience in the management and treatment of municipal drinking water and wastewater . For more information about eCalgon, visit our Website at www.e-calgon.com or call 1-866-851-1500.