Itron Utility Week brings industry leaders together for smarter cities and utilities
Premier utility industry conference addresses today’s utility challenges and shares solutions for preserving finite resources.
LIBERTY LAKE, WA, OCTOBER 13, 2016 -- Itron Utility Week, which kicks off this weekend, is the industry's premier utility event providing customers, partners and other industry leaders with an opportunity to learn, collaborate and share solutions to better manage energy and water resources.
The annual event brings together nearly 1,000 industry experts from leading water, gas and electricity utility companies as well as key technology partners from across the globe, serving as a catalyst for attendees to discuss technology trends, challenges, new innovations and best practices. This year’s event will facilitate conversations focused on applications and emerging technologies; the Internet of Things (IoT); data management; mobile and measurement solutions; and the smart grid and development of smart networks.
Itron Utility Week 2016 will be held Oct. 14-21, 2016 and will include 90 breakout sessions, two thought-provoking keynotes, networking opportunities and access to the Knowledge Center—a showcase of Itron's comprehensive solutions and partner technologies. Itron Utility Week’s main event, the Knowledge Conference, will be held Oct. 16-18, 2016.
The week's events will be held at Orlando World Center Marriott. Keynote speakers at Itron Utility Week include:
- Julia White, Microsoft corporate vice president of cloud platform marketing
- Robert Swan, polar explorer, author, founder and advocate for the protection of Antarctica and renewable energy
Additional event activities:
- Industry Awards: During the opening general session on Monday, Frost & Sullivan will announce the winners of its Excellence in Resourcefulness Awards. On Tuesday, Itron will announce the winner of the Ignite Innovation Challenge, which invited IoT developers to create a connected, resourceful solution built on the Itron Riva™ platform.
- Big Pictures Sessions: Itron will host two Big Picture sessions focusing on technology trends and business drivers shaping the industry’s future. Topics include enhancing value through single multi-party networks and protecting utilities from the risk of new technologies with outcome-based solutions.
- Breakout Sessions: Tailored breakout session tracks provide the opportunity to hear from fellow utility peers, Itron employees, partners and other industry leaders about industry best practices. Session tracks include Applications & Emerging Technologies, Data Management, Mobile & Measurement Solutions and Smart Grid & Smart Networks.
- Training and Users’ Forums: Both before and after the conference, attendees can participate in hands-on training sessions to better understand the depth and breadth of Itron’s core technologies. Additionally, the Itron Users’ Forums offer an open discussion with Itron product experts and utility peers to share experience and knowledge.
To keep up with live updates throughout the conference, follow the Itron blog and tune into the Itron Facebook page for livestreamed sessions.
Itron is a world-leading technology and services company dedicated to the resourceful use of energy and water. We provide comprehensive solutions that measure, manage and analyze energy and water. Our broad product portfolio includes electricity, gas, water and thermal energy measurement devices and control technology; communications systems; software; as well as managed and consulting services. With thousands of employees supporting nearly 8,000 customers in more than 100 countries, Itron applies knowledge and technology to better manage energy and water resources. Together, we can create a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.