Water, wastewater RFPs open for competitive bidding
DENVER, CO, Mar. 14, 2011 -- The Water Research Foundation, a non-profit organization devoted to drinking water research, has announced 20 Requests for Proposals (RFPs) that are now open for competitive bidding...
• Water Research Foundation announces 20 Requests for Proposals totaling more than $3.5 Million
DENVER, CO, Mar. 14, 2011 -- The Water Research Foundation, the world's largest non-profit organization devoted to drinking water research, announces 20 Requests for Proposals (RFPs) that are now open for competitive bidding.
Interested parties can view the RFPs at http://waterrf.org/Research/RFPs/ or request copies from the Foundation at (303) 347-6118 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the RFP identification number(s) when making your request. Proposal due dates vary, but range from April through July.
Current guidelines for proposal submission are available at http://waterrf.org/Research/Administration/ProposalGuidelines
The 20 RFPs and their identification numbers are:
• Assessing Potential Short-Term Impacts of Chloramination (4320)
• Addressing Revenue Gaps Through Improved Financial Practices and Effective Utility Management (4366)
• Answers to Challenging Infrastructure Management Questions (4367)
• Assessing Performance of Biofilm Sampling Approaches (4368)
• Best Practices for Water Utility Legal Protection and Claims Management from Infrastructure Failure Events (4369)
• Controlling the Formation of Nitrosamines During Water Treatment (4370)
• Effective Organization and Component Analysis of Water Utility Leakage Data (4372)
• Guidance for Treatment of Variable Manganese Loading (4373)
• Main Breaks: Current Knowledge and Research Roadmap (4374)
• Methodology For Determining Baseline Commercial, Institutional And Industrial End Uses Of Water (4375)
• Guidance Document for Testing Medium Pressure UV Inactivation of Viruses (4376)
• Quality Management of Infrastructure Assets from Manufacture to Installation (4377)
• Water Footprints and the Value of Water: New Concepts for Sustainable Water Utilities and Communities (4378)
• Workshop: Research Needs about Opportunistic Pathogens in Premise Plumbing (4379)
• Addressing Climate Change by Applying Adaptive Management Techniques to Infrastructure Management (4380)
• Effective Communication of Climate Change Effects to Stakeholders (4381)
• Impact of Climate Change on the Ecology of Algal Blooms (4382)
• Green Building Design: Water Quality and Utility Management Considerations (4383)
• Identifying Gaps in Understanding the Benefits/Costs of Boil Water Advisories as a Public Health Protection Measure (4385)
• Decision Support Program for Reducing EDCs and PPCPs in Drinking Water (4386)
About the Water Research Foundation
Founded in 1966, the Water Research Foundation is an international, 501(c)3 non-profit organization that sponsors research to enable water utilities, public health agencies and other professionals to provide safe and affordable drinking water to the public. With more than 950 subscriber members who provide water to 80 percent of the U.S. population, the Water Research Foundation has funded and managed more than 1,000 projects. For more information, go to www.waterRF.org.