ASPE elects board of directors for 2014-2016 term
At the 2014 American Society of Plumbing Engineers Convention and Exposition held in Chicago, Ill., in September, delegates from its local chapters elected new individuals to serve on its board of directors for the 2014-2016 term.
CHICAGO, IL, Nov. 4, 2014 -- At the 2014 American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE) Convention and Exposition held in Chicago, Ill., in September, delegates from ASPE's local chapters elected the following individuals to serve on its board of directors for the 2014-2016 term:
- President: Mitch Clemente, CPD
- Vice President, Technical: Scott Steindler, CPD, GPD, LEED AP BD+C, ARCSA-AP(IS), GGP
- Vice President, Membership: Kelvin Kennedy, CPD, GPD, CD, FASPE
- Vice President, Education: David DeBord, CPD, GPD, LEED AP, BD+C, ARCSA-AP, CFPS, FASPE
- Vice President, Legislative: Carol Johnson, CPD, LEED AP, CFI
- Vice President, Affiliate: Vincent Scriboni
- Treasurer: Chris Graham, CPD, FASPE
- Region 1 Director: Rui Paul Silvestre
- Region 2 Director: Keith Bush, CPD, CSI
- Region 3 Director: James Zebrowski, PE, CPD, FASPE
- Region 4 Director: Donald Strickland, CPD, GPD
- Region 5 Director: Bryan Hutton
A major focus of the 2014-2016 ASPE board of directors will be increasing the Society's visibility in the international plumbing community to help promote the role plumbing engineers play in protecting human health and safety, as well as our precious natural resources, through the design of safe, efficient plumbing systems. The board will also be spearheading new initiatives and training programs to encourage and educate the next generation of plumbing engineers.
"Our goal is to focus on education and membership growth by implementing plans to increase participation in ASPE webinars and workshops, because engineers and designers can improve their knowledge through these programs and, as a result, become more informed and valuable professionals in the field of plumbing engineering," said ASPE President Mitch Clemente, CPD. "We will also be implementing a membership growth plan to encourage our Chapter leaders to reach out face-to-face with peers in their region and explain the benefits of ASPE."
ASPE is the only professional organization devoted to the training and certification of plumbing engineers and designers. ASPE and its 6,000 worldwide members are dedicated to protecting the health, welfare, and safety of the public through the dissemination of technical data and information to expand the base of knowledge among plumbing engineers, designers, contractors, code officials, inspectors, and manufacturers. For more information, visit ASPE.org.