WaterBriefs: Three July water conferences to feature HDR speakers
Also in this report: PBSJ Foundation announces grant recipients; MWH offers sustainable energy management services in U.S.; Emerson lauded as Growth Excellence Company of the Year; Purio receives distribution proposal from West Africa; Woolpert names director of private services; 'Green' engineering grows more common in the classroom; Skelly and Loy wins two 2008 ACEC/PA Honor Awards; CH2M Hill OMI experts earn 19 awards; Using rainwater to grow livable communities; (more)...
In other news below:
-- PBSJ Foundation announces grant recipients
-- MWH offers sustainable energy management services in U.S.
-- Emerson lauded as Growth Excellence Company of the Year
-- Purio receives distribution proposal from West Africa
-- Woolpert names director of private services
-- 'Green' engineering grows more common in the classroom
-- Skelly and Loy wins two 2008 ACEC/PA Honor Awards
-- CH2M Hill OMI experts earn 19 awards
-- Using rainwater to grow livable communities
-- Brooks launches online filling/dosing cost-savings calculator
-- NSF International launches new beverage quality program
• Three July water conferences to feature HDR speakers
Eight papers will be presented at AMTA Conference in Naples
BELLEVUE, WA -- Led by eight presentations from five different speakers at the American Membrane Technology Association's Joint Conference and Exposition in Naples, FL, HDR's water professional are in for a busy month of July on the conference circuit.
Jonathan Brant and Yu-Jung Chang of HDR's Bellevue, WA, office and Marie Pellegrin from Kansas City all have two papers for which they're the lead author.
HDR will be represented by two speakers at both the International Water Association's Young Professionals conference in Berkeley, CA, and the American Society of Civil Engineers' International Pipelines Conference in Atlanta...
-- "12th edition of Safe Drinking Water Act wall chart available"
-- "HDR wins 2008 Friend of the Environment Award"
Among other recent headlines:
• PBSJ Foundation announces grant recipients
TAMPA, FL -- The PBSJ Corporation has announced the award of grants totaling more than $85,000...
Also see: -- "Williams elected chair of EWRI's River Restoration Committee"
• MWH offers sustainable energy management services in U.S.
BROOMFIELD, CO -- MWH has announced the introduction of sustainable energy management services (SEM) to industrial clients in the United States....
Also see: -- "Gareth Mills appointed director of MWH's Project Services Business Unit"
• Emerson lauded as Growth Excellence Company of the Year
PALO ALTO, CA -- Based on its recent analysis of the automation and process control market, Frost & Sullivan has recognized Emerson Process Management with the 2008 Global Growth Excellence Company of the Year Award...
-- "Emerson's service facilities recognized with 'SEL Expert' designation"
-- "Emerson invests in 'energy responsible' automation solutions"
• Purio receives distribution proposal from West Africa
BLAINE, WA -- Purio is pleased to announce that it has received a formal request from a yet unnamed company to enter into a full-scale distribution agreement for regions on the African Continent...
Also see: -- "Purio receives invitation to design system"
• Woolpert names director of private services
DAYTON, OH -- Tim Racke has been selected as the director of private services for Woolpert's private market. His responsibilities will include growing the firm's clientele in the private market as well as managing client services representatives within this market...
-- "Woolpert hires project director"
-- "Woolpert names 2008 shareholders"
• 'Green' engineering grows more common in the classroom
BALTIMORE, MD -- Now that green is not just a color but also an environmentally conscious way of living and doing business, there is a growing need for classes that incorporate "green" knowledge. The Johns Hopkins Engineering and Applied Science Programs for Professionals (EPP) are responding to that need...
Also see: -- "Chemistry experts team up to predict pollutant reactions"
• Skelly and Loy wins two 2008 ACEC/PA Honor Awards
HARRISBURG, PA -- At a recent banquet held in Hershey, Pennsylvania, Skelly and Loy was presented with two 2008 American Council of Engineering Companies of Pennsylvania (ACEC/PA) Honor Awards
For Engineering Excellence...
Also see: -- "Skelly and Loy hires waste management services leader for Monroeville office"
• CH2M Hill OMI experts earn 19 awards
DENVER, CO and ATLANTA, GA -- CH2M Hill OMI's tradition of operations and maintenance excellence has netted 19 awards from the Georgia Association of Water Professionals, including 14 gold and platinum awards for being 100 percent compliant with permit requirements in 2007....
-- "CH2M Hill senior project manager appointed trustee of SUNY ESF"
-- "CH2M Hill hires Philip Yerby to strengthen Texas business development"
-- "CH2M Hill appoints Martin Nicholson new leader of southwest region"
• Using rainwater to grow livable communities
A new website gives landscape architects, designers, engineers, stormwater managers, elected officials, and the public creative new ideas on sustainable stormwater practices...
• Brooks launches online filling/dosing cost-savings calculator
HATFIELD, PA -- Brooks Instrument has launched a new online tool on BrooksInstrument.com that allows site visitors to enter data from their current filling/dosing system and compare the results to the proposed Brooks solution...
Also see: -- "Brooks mass flow instruments conform to IP66"
• NSF International launches new beverage quality program
ANN ARBOR, MI -- NSF International (NSF) has launched a new Beverage Quality Certification Program, which expands the scope of NSF's bottled water program to test, audit and certify natural mineral waters, flavored and functional beverages...
-- "NSF appoints new director of corporate sales"
-- "Douglas Barwick Inc. obtains NSF certification for stainless steel pipe, fittings"
-- "NSF International receives Export Achievement Certificate"
• Pall Corporation founder inducted into National Inventors Hall of Fame
• Control Microsystems appoints US SCADAWave manager
• New book: Visions for a Sustainable Energy Future
• Red Oak introduces new director
• Hach offers real-time, online assistance with LiveHelp
• Global Relief Technologies names VP of GIS research and development
• UCLA faculty members elected to National Academy of Engineering
• Public Works research delivers good news
• Water Advocates calls for more drinking water, sanitation projects
• Lawmakers awarded for funding global safe drinking water
• Onboard intelligence becomes standard on ITT Goulds process pump
• Biological solution overcomes sludge disposal and handling problems
• Report provides snapshot of Singapore water supply industry
• Multi-utility meter market examined in new report
• Report examines world meter market
• Algae-X appoints VP of sales & marketing