ENON, OH, Aug. 26, 2009 -- To better serve users of seepex pumps in the U.S. and Canada, the company has organized a comprehensive service function at its facility in Enon, Ohio. Headed by David Miller, a graduate mechanical engineer from the University of Cincinnati, the group includes a field service technician and three customer service representatives. A variety of programs and options is available:
• Service audits are on-site inspections of equipment meant to optimize performance, establish a preventative maintenance program and lengthen the mean time between failure (MTBF).
• Service contracts are fixed-fee pump maintenance and repair programs for defined time periods. seepex coordinates service contracts with its authorized service partners throughout the USA and Canada.
• Remanufacturing. When seepex rebuilds and refurbishes a pump or grinder, it guarantees the rebuild to be <75% of the price of the new equipment, whether the components repaired are the bare-shaft pump, the wet end or the entire pumping unit with motor, gear and seal. Refurbished pumps are tested and painted according to original seepex specifications. All replaced parts carry the original 3-three factory limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship.
• Failure analysis. The service group works with the ISO 9001:2000 certified quality team at seepex to diagnose and resolve component failures of seepex equipment.
• Other services include trial installations, short-term equipment rentals, and longer term leasing programs.
About seepex Inc.
Headquartered in Bottrop, Germany, seepex is one of the world's largest designers and manufacturers of progressive cavity pumps. The company operates manufacturing plants in Bottrop, Enon, Ohio, and Shanghai, China, with subsidiary operations in the UK, France, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Malaysia, Italy, Japan and Austria. The plants in Ohio and Germany are certified to the ISO 9001:2000 quality standard. More than 60 sales specialists and distributors in North America represent seepex, with agents in more than 50 other countries around the world.