• infraManagement Group, LLC, brings asset management, technology, capital project management, and could assist owners with capital access
OVERLAND PARK, KS, Oct. 19, 2009 -- Black & Veatch is extending its already broad capabilities in the water, wastewater and power industries by launching a company -- infraManagement Group LLC.
infraManagement Group, LLC (iMG), www.infraManagementGroup.com, will be focused on assisting owners in the management of assets. It also provides support to non-utility owners of energy and water operations -- such as financial institutions, airports, colleges and industrial users -- that want to focus on their core business and have a trusted partner manage the assets.
Core services offered by iMG include:
- Capital planning and prioritization
- Day-to-day operations and maintenance
- Finance and accounting, including budgeting and planning for operations and capital improvements
- Business support services such as procurement, fleet management, human resources and information technology services
- Major project execution
- Regulatory compliance and reporting, including supporting plant asset owners in responding to priority state mandates to reduce energy consumption in water and wastewater systems
- Communication liaison providing an important link between asset owners and outside parties
"iMG clients benefit from our deep technical and asset management experience in the water and electricity generation industries, which Black & Veatch has served for more than 90 years," said iMG President, Rodger Smith. "Our services help plant asset owners respond to a range of challenges by reducing business risk, improving plant efficiency and, where appropriate, supporting the monetization of their facilities to raise cash for other community purposes."
About Black & Veatch
Black & Veatch is a leading global engineering, consulting and construction company specializing in infrastructure development in energy, water, telecommunications, management consulting, federal and environmental markets. Founded in 1915, Black & Veatch develops tailored infrastructure solutions that meet clients' needs and provide sustainable benefits. Solutions are provided from the broad line of service expertise available within Black & Veatch, including conceptual and preliminary engineering services, engineering design, procurement, construction, financial management, asset management, program management, construction management, environmental, security design and consulting, management consulting and infrastructure planning. With $3.2 billion in revenue, the employee-owned company has more than 100 offices worldwide and has completed projects in more than 100 countries on six continents.
About infraManagement Group, LLC
infraManagement Group, LLC, (iMG), a Black & Veatch company, is focused on the management of electric, water and wastewater assets throughout their lifecycle. iMG works with municipalities, non-utility owners and private infrastructure investors to optimize the performance of their assets, including maximizing financial performance, reducing business risk and creating sustainable, environmentally responsible operations. The company's web address is www.infraManagementGroup.com