NAWC board of directors announces new president and members
The National Association of Water Companies today announced that American States Water Company President and Chief Executive Officer Robert J. Sprowls has been named president of the NAWC board of directors and its executive committee, and it also added new members to its 2012-2013 board of directors.
Washington, Oct.10, 2012 -- The National Association of Water Companies (NAWC) today announced that American States Water Company President and Chief Executive Officer Robert J. Sprowls has been named president of the NAWC board of directors and its executive committee. Sprowls, who joined AWR in June 2004, assumes the NAWC board presidency from Lisa Sparrow, president and CEO, Utilities Inc., who will continue to serve as a NAWC board member.
"We are excited to welcome Robert Sprowls to the NAWC presidency -- as well as our new board members -- and we thank Lisa Sparrow for her leadership over the past year," said Michael Deane, executive director, NAWC. "The NAWC is committed to bringing the best of public service and private enterprise together to achieve safe, reliable water service to communities across America."
Prior to joining American States Water Company, Sprowls spent 21 years at CILCORP Inc., a public utility holding company whose largest subsidiary, Central Illinois Light Company, served approximately 250,000 gas and electric utility customers. Sprowls holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics and Business Administration from Knox College and a Master of Business Administration Degree from Bradley University. He is a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Management Accountant.
"With all eyes on the state of our national water infrastructure, it's critical that professionals in the public and private sectors work together to ensure sustainable partnerships," said Sprowls. "I am committed to helping NAWC achieve its mission of fostering these partnerships, and I thank my peers for entrusting me with this role."
NAWC also welcomes the following new members to its 2012-2013 board of directors:
* Daniel Corredor, President & CEO, South West Water
* Joe Gysel, President, EPCOR Water USA
* Robert J. Iacullo, Executive Vice President, United Water
* Louise Knight, Chief Operating Officer, Superior Water Company
* James Lynch, CFO & Treasurer, San Jose Water Company
* Robert Maclean, President, California American Water
* Bernadette Sohler, Vice President -- Corporate Affairs, Middlesex Water Company
They join the following members returning to NAWC's board of directors:
* Richard M. D'Amato II, Senior Vice President, CH2M Hill
* Nicholas DeBenedictis, Chairman, CEO & President, Aqua America Inc.
* Dennis W. Doll, President, Middlesex Water Company
* Charles V. Firlotte, President & CEO, Aquarion Water Company
* Jeffrey Hines, President & CEO, York Water Company
* John Hoy, Chief Operating Officer, Utilities Inc.
* Martin Kane, President & CEO, Severn Trent Services Inc.
* Walter Lynch, President & Chief Operating Officer - Regulated Operations, American Water
* Susan Mays, Vice President -- Marketing & Strategic Initiatives, CH2M Hill
* Christopher Schilling, Chief Executive Officer, Park Water Company
* Thomas Smegal III, Vice President, CFO & Treasurer, California Water Service Group
* Lisa Sparrow, President & CEO, Utilities Inc.
* Mark Strauss, Senior Vice President - Corporate Strategy & Business Development, American Water
* Nicholle Taylor, Vice President, Artesian Water Company
* Eric W. Thornburg, President & CEO, The Connecticut Water Company
* Michael L. Whitehead, President, San Gabriel Valley Water Co.
The NAWC Water Summit is hosted by the National Association of Water Companies -- the voice of the private water industry and the organization exclusively representing this group of quality water service providers, innovation drivers, creative financiers and responsible partners.
Interested members of the media and policy officials can pre-register for the Summit by visiting nawc.org. Stay up to date with Twitter updates by searching #watersummit12, or follow NAWC on Twitter and Facebook.