• CONAGUA to deploy core-to-edge, wired and wireless network with voice over IP solution to connect employees in more than 320 offices across the country
MEXICO CITY, Mexico, Feb. 11, 2009 -- 3Com Corporation announced it has secured a multi-year, multi-million dollar contract with the Mexico National Water Commission (Comisión Nacional del Agua - CONAGUA) for a new converged network solution. The agreement will include 3Com's voice over IP platform as well as its core-to-edge, wired and wireless network infrastructure solutions.
CONAGUA, which is responsible for managing and preserving Mexico's domestic water supply, conducted a thorough evaluation of competitive networking products and selected 3Com for its ability to offer a complete solution at an overall price-performance advantage. By deploying a 3Com converged networking solution, CONAGUA anticipates generating a better return on its networking investment.
"We have formed a strong relationship with CONAGUA, consistently delivering responsive, high-quality, high-value solutions," said Ravey Castillo, general manager for 3Com in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. "We have proven time and again that 3Com solutions offer customers a price-performance advantage that will help reduce their total cost of ownership."
The 3Com converged networking solution consists of the following products from the 3Com portfolio:
• 3Com® Switch 8800s -- modular core switches for full redundancy and a flexible modular architecture that deliver high-performance Gigabit and 10-Gigabit switching and routing;
• 3Com Switch 5500s -- stackable switches that ensure flexibility, save space, and deliver maximum connectivity at the network edge;
• 3Com Wireless Switch Controllers and Access Points; and
• 58 3Com NBX® systems and IP telephones -- a standards-based VoIP platform for connecting corporate and remote offices.
In addition, the organization has more than 40 building-to-building links to connect regional offices to remote locations. CONAGUA has a central building in Mexico City and more than 320 offices throughout the country. This is why communications and connectivity are essential for effective operations. And 3Com's infrastructure makes it all possible
3Com Corporation is a $1.3B global converged network infrastructure supplier that helps customers achieve business success by delivering solutions that provide exceptional value.